Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burger King - Belgard Road

Options
  • 26-02-2009 4:14pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Folks, i'm just wondering if anybody has experienced what i have on several occasions in Burger King, Belgard Road (thats near tallaght in Dublin btw).

I regularly go in for a meal deal, such as 1/4 pounder meal or Angus burger meal, but on the last three occasion they have made it large or gave me a double burger meal. Now they didn't ask if i wanted this, but charged for it none the less.

This came to a head recently when i got 6 large meals for the office i work in, and they actually made them supersize. I initially thought they may have given the upgrade for free due to the number of meals, but only when i checked the receipt did i see the did charge fully. The following week i went back and ordered a angus burger meal, when in fact the girl behind the counter charged me for a double burger meal. I corrected her, then asked to speak to a manager to say that this has happened on more than one occasion, where she just shrugged her shoulders and said that it was an isolated incident.

I checked with someone in the office who lives nearby, and she said that its funny i mentioned it as she sometime goes with her boyfriend who always asks for a regular meal, but they always give him a large meal.

Now i know in the grand scheme of things this isn't a major deal, but if they are doing this to everybody, then they are making a fortune without people even realising it. I'm just wondering if anybody has heard of similar happening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Never heard of it before, esp. in a place like BK. i.e. in a small chipper or something they might try and pull a fast one (never happened to me). i.e. they might own the place, or be mates with the owner, while in big chains like this the workers do not tend to care much. Like in tescos I see the checkout women telling other women "those are 3 for 2 at the moment, and you only have 2", actually telling them they are missing out on offers.

Maybe the managers did ask staff to push for bigger offers, like when they used to always ask "do you want fries with that". Seems strange since it would mess up their own stocktaking. Unless the people at the till can cancel the transaction once you are gone, and then put in the real one.

But it seems you are saying 2 things happen. You order something and get it but are charged for a different higher one. Or you order regular and do infact get a large one and pay for large. Is that right?

They always ask me for money right after ordering so I would twig it then. Could get caught on big orders easier though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

rubadub wrote: »
    But it seems you are saying 2 things happen. You order something and get it but are charged for a different higher one. Or you order regular and do infact get a large one and pay for large. Is that right?

I think he's saying s/he orders regular but gets and pays for large.

Hasn't happened to me before, but I wouldn't put it past bk. Used to work in the fast food industry, and with the amount of pressure some managers seem to put themselves under (particularily in high trade stores) it wouldn't surprised me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Never heard of it before. Micky D's tend to always ask you if you want the larger option. I would insist on paying for what I requested and also check my change against the receipt. Most of these places have a policy on checking your change before you leave the counter. I have been short changed out of a score in a number of chippers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I go in there regularly and it hasnt happened to me. The only problem I have is the coloured guy who doesnt speak enough english and made a bollix of my order completely. Havent seen him for a while though...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

I can't speak for Belgard Road, but Burger King on O'Connell Street are pulling this same stunt for the post-pub crowd. Friends have stopped going to Burger King after drinkies completely, favouring McDonalds, where you get what you ordered, instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

|A lot of mobile phones can record speach, record your order next time. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

O'Connell St one next to the cinema is a joke at any time of day ive stopped going in there due to asking for , being charged for and not getting cheese on my burger three times now and having to Q for a replacement is a pain if its busy or you're in a rush , and as mentioned by another here, the last time at night receiving a large double meal I didnt want or even ask for. To say the girl behind the counter wasnt happy when i told her I didnt want to wait for a replacement and wanted my money back as i had to catch a bus would be understating it just a bit :D

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

|A lot of mobile phones can record speach, record your order next time. :)
    Or just tell em you didnt order it. I mean if you ordered chips and got a burger instead, youd say something. Why is this any different? Trouble is most people wont spot this till they start eating, if at all, and will let it go, most likely. You are getting what you paid for, just not what you asked for.

They need to change their slogan to 'Have it your way. Not.'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

i've never had that from a bk.i'd second the criticisms of the o'connell st one though; the manageress(i think she is anyway) is a total COW. a week after all the bacon was fixed(when all the shops stopped stocking it) she said there still wasn't any, i asked why and she gave me a look of deepest disgust and said "nowhere is selling it." by this point nearly everywhere had it back on the shelves!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

i've never had that from a bk.i'd second the criticisms of the o'connell st one though; the manageress(i think she is anyway) is a total COW. a week after all the bacon was fixed(when all the shops stopped stocking it) she said there still wasn't any, i asked why and she gave me a look of deepest disgust and said "nowhere is selling it." by this point nearly everywhere had it back on the shelves!!

I'm thinking she is the one usually there durring the day and looks like she could do with laying off eating the profits , am i right ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Yeah, its a case of ordering a regular and paying for and getting a large, or ordering a single burger meal and paying for and getting a double.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

I go in there regularly and it hasnt happened to me. The only problem I have is the coloured guy who doesnt speak enough english and made a bollix of my order completely. Havent seen him for a while though...

What colour was he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Big Wave

Rebel021 wrote: »
    What colour was he?
    Dark Brown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MiniMoog

That Burger King on O'Connell Street is the worst Burger King EVER. The Manageress is so rude it's unbelievable. She's small and slim but has a huuuge attitude. I really don't know how she keeps her job. I work that end of town and used to go there for lunch from work but now I avoid and go to Ilac or Macs. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Maybe it's just me or the fact that I hardly ever eat in BK but I always check the prices from the menu / posters and know pretty much what I am paying before being asked.
    Does no one else do this????

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭merlie

delly wrote: »
    Folks, i'm just wondering if anybody has experienced what i have on several occasions in Burger King, Belgard Road (thats near tallaght in Dublin btw).

I regularly go in for a meal deal, such as 1/4 pounder meal or Angus burger meal, but on the last three occasion they have made it large or gave me a double burger meal. Now they didn't ask if i wanted this, but charged for it none the less.

This came to a head recently when i got 6 large meals for the office i work in, and they actually made them supersize. I initially thought they may have given the upgrade for free due to the number of meals, but only when i checked the receipt did i see the did charge fully. The following week i went back and ordered a angus burger meal, when in fact the girl behind the counter charged me for a double burger meal. I corrected her, then asked to speak to a manager to say that this has happened on more than one occasion, where she just shrugged her shoulders and said that it was an isolated incident.

I checked with someone in the office who lives nearby, and she said that its funny i mentioned it as she sometime goes with her boyfriend who always asks for a regular meal, but they always give him a large meal.

Now i know in the grand scheme of things this isn't a major deal, but if they are doing this to everybody, then they are making a fortune without people even realising it. I'm just wondering if anybody has heard of similar happening?

Oh dear! Someone's not doing their job right. If that was any other business I am sure there would be some repercussions.

Advertisement