Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very strange issue with phone

• 26-02-2009 5:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Got my phone fixed last week and obviously all data wiped and I'm back to factory settings.

Very strange thing is that all my calls / texts are fine bar one number ( the young lad ). I am Vodafone pay as you go and he is " 3 " pay as you go.

Every time I call i get " when you've finished recording just hang up message " and the texts arent getting through either.

Is this something to do with a setting made automatically on the phone?

Thanks,
    Paul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

Is he having problems with other calls on his phone? I would say the problem lies with three maybe best to give them a bell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

It does sounds like the problem is on the 3 side. Does his phone connect ok to the network, dropping calls or anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

3 customer service? My prayers are with you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Can other people get through to him at all?

I'm leaning toward calling 3 as well but in my experience you want to rule everything out before calling them as they'll be trying to get you to do everything again if you're not sure about what you've done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Random wrote: »
    Can other people get through to him at all?

I'm leaning toward calling 3 as well but in my experience you want to rule everything out before calling them as they'll be trying to get you to do everything again if you're not sure about what you've done.

tbh even if you tell them you've reset your phone and tried your sim in another phone etc they'll still insist you do it again while talking to them

• Advertisement
Advertisement