Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

street fighter IV question

• 26-02-2009 5:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭

ok when i play this game the text i.e options menu, user tags etc are tiny and a bit blurry ..i can read them unless i go rite up to the tv...theres nothing wrong with my eyesight and i have a 42"" tv..do i have something set up arseways are is it just bad design?

my user name is cojomo2, if any1 wants a fight im on most nights..i anint great tho just learning, havnt played computer games in years but i used to love street fighter 2 turbo on the snes so am just gettin back into it now..cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

sounds odd

are you using 1080p or?

is it scart or hdmi etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

ntlbell wrote: »
    sounds odd

are you using 1080p or?

is it scart or hdmi etc?

hmm im not ver technical but went into the setting where u have a choice of pal 50 or 60 i think and some other settings such as 1080p..i mess around and stuck with what was default as if i changed them the screen went black..

no im not using the scart adapter that came with the xbox..i just plug the 3 coloured cables into the 3 coloured sockets on the side of the tv...would using the scart make a difference...? ill try it anyways, thanks..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Funnily enough I had the same problem, I brought the xbox downstairs to the big tv for the full hd effect BUT I only used the scart - the vision was awful the writing became blurry and hard to read.

I swapped with the HDMI cable and it was perfect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

cojomo2 wrote: »
    i just plug the 3 coloured cables into the 3 coloured sockets on the side of the tv...would using the scart make a difference...? ill try it anyways, thanks..

What colour are the three cables,
    - red white and yellow
    or
    - Red, green, blue

if you're just using red, white and yellow it's the lowest quality connection you can have on a 360.

What type is your tv and does it support HD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

sound like its set up with SD and not HD. 5 leads including red and white audio, and 3 colours for picture in component HD.
    3 leads SD yellow picture, red and white audio.

Have you a HDMI connection on your TV and or 360?

• Advertisement

the three cables are white yellow and red...no the tv is not HD ready, i bought it just before all this HD stuff...

so what can i do to make it better?

thanks

not being smart or anything, but the only thing you can do is get a HD tv or a Pc monitor.

Using a S video lead will help a little. Thats about the best connection for a SD TV.

Other than that HD tv is the way to go. Good deals on TV's everywhere now, so if you have 4 or 500 euros you should be able to pick up a nice 32inch 720p or 1080p if your lucky.

ahh crap..na i aint in a position to buy a new tv just for the xbox..this one works fine apart from the xbox issue, and it cost me over a grand!

will using the scart adapter that came with xbox make any difference at all?

thanks for the advice

might make a slight difference.

How long have you got your TV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

cojomo2 wrote: »
    ahh crap..na i aint in a position to buy a new tv just for the xbox..this one works fine apart from the xbox issue, and it cost me over a grand!

will using the scart adapter that came with xbox make any difference at all?

thanks for the advice

sorry when you said 42 inch i assumed it was a HD TV yea not much you can do :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Capcom and their font readability issiues on SD :rolleyes::rolleyes:, they not learned from Dead Rising or Lost Planet :rolleyes: :D :pac:

Nick

ROC1977 wrote: »
    might make a slight difference.

How long have you got your TV?

its a philips 42" plasma, have it 3 years ish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

this game is not as bad as the dead rising farce but it is next to impossible to read the moves on the top left in the trails on a standard def tv,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

ROC1977 wrote: »
    not being smart or anything, but the only thing you can do is get a HD tv or a Pc monitor.

Using a S video lead will help a little. Thats about the best connection for a SD TV.

Other than that HD tv is the way to go. Good deals on TV's everywhere now, so if you have 4 or 500 euros you should be able to pick up a nice 32inch 720p or 1080p if your lucky.

How do you hook up the xbox to a pc monitor??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

joe123 wrote: »
    How do you hook up the xbox to a pc monitor??

There's a VGA cable for it:

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/719745/Official-Xbox-360-VGA-HD-AV-Cable/Product.html

Though many monitors these days have composite inputs as well or even HDMI so those could be used too...

Advertisement