Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fidget House?

• 26-02-2009 6:29pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I heard someone talking about this the other day and thought they were joking. Then I heard an ad on spin1038 for some radio show "playing the best in techo, electo and fidget house"

wtf?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2008/sep/08/welcometofidgethouse

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Entec

Load of s**t. i wounder if U2 had a say in who to remix them , the crookers? get the boat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

The name is a bit of a joke really. Its pretty much less than 10 guys doing all the productions that are part of this genre. Crookers, Herve (The Count), Sinden, Switch, A1 Bassline, Jack Beats etc

The kids love it and to be honest I dont mind it. Can see its appeal for a drunken party or whatever. Isnt it really just Electro House though albeit a little more interesting and slightly less cheesey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Sinden mentioned it in one interview as a laugh because he didn't like his style being pigeonholed and the interviewer was asking him to categorise what he played/produced. It was a pure joke and then all the blogs took the term for gospel!

Everything from Electro house, Bassline, Baltimore, Miami Bass, Ghetto Tech, 2 Step seems to come under the so called "genre", depending on who you talk to.

Personally I play a lot of this sort of music; like electro house in the broader sense, it's starting to get some bad press from the music aficionados (snobs) but that's just due to a lot of the more commercial stuff that's creeping into the charts. Look to Diplo for a masterclass in this sorta thing, he was probably one of the best acts I saw at EP last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Fidget House Jesus wept who in the name of jaysus makes up these genres, they deserve shooting:eek: what next i wonder, Fumble House:eek::pac:

• Advertisement

keithkk16 wrote: »

That's the sort of ****e that I was on about above :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

Jev/N wrote: »
    That's the sort of ****e that I was on about above :mad:

WHAT a pile of ****e. Went to see Sinden at the EP- ****. There was about twenty people in a huge tent at it, it will die a death shortly this kinda stuff. Herve has talent but is wasting it on associating himself with crap like "beeper"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭zega

To be honest im quite a big fan of the crookers and kissy sellout and herve.I just think there are too many snobs in music these days and once something becomes kinda popular everyone starts dissing it.

zega wrote: »
    I just think there are too many snobs in music these days and once something becomes kinda popular everyone starts dissing it.

That's fair enough but I'm not a big fan of any rock/indie remixes and that crookers one is no exception. I have plenty of their discography and like a lot of their tracks e.g. magic bus, atomic baile boy, big money comin'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

I just think there are too many snobs in music these days and once something becomes kinda popular everyone starts dissing it.

If people kept their opinions to themselves the Internet forums would not exist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 missedhermen

i kinda like alot of the producers in this genre.calvertron i think is another one.i like his stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

fidget's been around for bloody ages though hasn't it?

To be honest im quite a big fan of the crookers and kissy sellout and herve.I just think there are too many snobs in music these days and once something becomes kinda popular everyone starts dissing it.

nothing snobbish about it , the music is noticabley crap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0GF-ev6t4M&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HB_8TBrzLs&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCM7GeVng6U&feature=related

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

keithkk16 wrote: »

I was actually wretching 20 seconds into that song, possibly one of the worst things ive ever heard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

I dont get this ****e, Ive been called a music snob many a time. Im just a music fan not a music poser. If you want to listen to the ****e music that is directly marketed towards you then be my guest, but dont call others snobs because they have taste and you clearly dont if you like this ****e. Its not the fact that its popular that it annoys me, its the fact that it actually is poorly produced, poorly thought out and only appeals to the lowest common denominator of music fans.

SteveDon wrote: »
    I dont get this ****e, Ive been called a music snob many a time. Im just a music fan not a music poser. If you want to listen to the ****e music that is directly marketed towards you then be my guest, but dont call others snobs because they have taste and you clearly dont if you like this ****e. Its not the fact that its popular that it annoys me, its the fact that it actually is poorly produced, poorly thought out and only appeals to the lowest common denominator of music fans.

spot on man :)

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Fck, what absolute sh*te. Is this being played in clubs here now?!

Advertisement