Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a possible mod?

Options
  • 26-02-2009 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hey guys. I was reading about the TM PSG-1 and read that it compresses the spring before before it fires to reduce the time between trigger pull and firing. For a start is there much of a time delay in the shot on most aegs on semi?
    And would it be possible to mod an aeg to have a similar feature?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭An Mac Tíre

Beast ASI wrote: »

Looks kinda complicated you're right :confused:
    I'm thinking of making a custom gun in the Summer (a WA2000 like Candyman's, but with an AEG instead of a gas pistol) and while I can do mechanical and physical, programming is something I'd need to learn to implement this. I wish I could do that type of electronic tinkering.
    I don't have any AEGs at the moment so I don't know what sort of time delay you would get when it is on semi. If it is low enough to ignore for a sniper I wouldn't need to worry about it. The gun probably wouldn't see any skirmishes anyway, it'd just be a wall piece or plinker.

So if anyone could tell me how bad the time delay on an AEG on semi is I'd appreciate it.
    Thanks for the link, I'm gonna bookmark that and learn what I can from it!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭area51comando

Looks kinda complicated you're right :confused:
    I'm thinking of making a custom gun in the Summer (a WA2000 like Candyman's, but with an AEG instead of a gas pistol) and while I can do mechanical and physical, programming is something I'd need to learn to implement this. I wish I could do that type of electronic tinkering.
    I don't have any AEGs at the moment so I don't know what sort of time delay you would get when it is on semi. If it is low enough to ignore for a sniper I wouldn't need to worry about it. The gun probably wouldn't see any skirmishes anyway, it'd just be a wall piece or plinker.

So if anyone could tell me how bad the time delay on an AEG on semi is I'd appreciate it.
    Thanks for the link, I'm gonna bookmark that and learn what I can from it!:D

I got almost zero delay with a dboys gearbox with 7mm bearing all the rest stock along with a 12volt battery and system turbo moter semi only unless you want your gearbox to die a very fast death on full auto

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Beast ASI wrote: »

that is so damn cool ...

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭An Mac Tíre

I got almost zero delay with a dboys gearbox with 7mm bearing all the rest stock along with a 12volt battery and system turbo moter semi only unless you want your gearbox to die a very fast death on full auto

Do you mean systema turbo motor? I think your method is quite a good low tech way to get the results I want, cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

I've got a similar setup Area51, I've been trying to find something with the same trigger response as the PTW, and the revolution gearbox is the only thing with something similar.

Systema Magnum will get you a better trigger response over a Turbo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

The problem with beefing up the voltage like that is you'll start to get overspin, thats when the gears go so fast that not only will it pre cock but it will often fire more than 1 shot on semi, it could be anything from 1 to 5ish depending on the setup. then you have to start thinking about active breaking and all that lark so it doesnt work out to be such a cheap option in the end.,:)

Advertisement