Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM Patch 9.3.0 Change list

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

Ladies and gentlemen. The corner trick is back! What a disgrace :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,194 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Ladies and gentlemen. The corner trick is back! What a disgrace :(

whats the corner trick?

It's a tactic from corners that allows you the get about 20-30 goals a season from that set piece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

whats the corner trick?

i'm guessing it's challenge keeper, attack far and attack near with all balls being hit into the 6 yard box.

i'm guessing it's challenge keeper, attack far and attack near with all balls being hit into the 6 yard box.

Just challenge goalkeeper.

SI don't know how to fix it. Their engine is designed so players with superior jumping, heading and strength will win an aerial challenge. Since goalkeepers naturally have bad heading and strength the game can't allow them to beat a tall player when the ball is crossed in the box. The engine isn't sophisticated enough to calculate their arm length when leaping for a ball.

They took it out and it mucked up the aerial battles in the engine. To be fair to SI, it's a catch twenty-two situation.

It's exploiting a fault in the game and I consider it cheating. Well, that's just me. Maybe you guys feel differently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,194 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Cheers, i didnt know that, weaqs just wondering what it was,

id think of it as cheating too,

have computer teams the ability to use that tactic, or is that ruled out?

Cheers, i didnt know that, weaqs just wondering what it was,

id think of it as cheating too,

have computer teams the ability to use that tactic, or is that ruled out?

They have the ability, but I have never seen them use it. They use the same corner tactic all the time.

Advertisement