Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Violent Video Games Adequately Preparing Children For The Apocalypse?

Options
  • 26-02-2009 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭

Studies have shown that these games are quite effective at teaching our kids the skills that they'll need after the Apocalypse like finding shotgun ammo and leading elite squads of super soldiers...

Source: ONN

I'm fairly well trained so...:pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

how to spot a zombeh and deal with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Fallout 3 is! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Today's kids are way less prepared than the old guard of the 90s.
    See, when I was a kid, we were taught that you had to find chicken or, later, health packs to get better.
    Kids these days are being TAUGHT that they just have to duck for cover & wait a 30 seconds, then they'll be fine because, y'know, the human body can recharge from a bullet to the shoulder & what have you.

For shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Jump on a first aid kit to patch yourself up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Misc items are always located in randomly placed crates or cabinets or lockers even if they have nothing to do with the location.

Eg. ammo for shotgun in school kids locker ... ... oh wait, eh ... ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Zombies will always stay on the other side of the door, especially when you're solving a puzzle so keep a jigsaw handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Agreed. When Skynet becomes self aware, the teenagers of this world will be ready for the war against the machines. Of course, they will also need to acquire bunker building expertise as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Fallout 3 TBH.

Use car tires as shoulder pads, rob peoples houses, steal guns, murder those who cant defend themselves and build a small army, or take slaves.

Learn how to turn pvc piping joints into an explosive collar and bobs your uncle, army.

I love fallout 3, soooo much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

-Far Cry 2 has shown me how to treat injuries
    -Red Alert 3 has given me the skills to manage an army and base
    -GTA taught me the ways of robbing cars
    -Hitman helped developed my assassination skills
    -Call Of Duty improved my team skills
    -Forza 2 has gotten me a license for every car class

I am now a super soldier!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Left4Dead has left me prepared.

By far the most useful skill I've picked up is when I'm in a group of 4 survivors in order to have the highest chance of survival is to run into safe houses, heal myself with a medpac, (regardelss if I'm fairly healthy or not, or if my any of my team mates are at deaths door.) then quickly grab another medipac, again not regarding my team mates health.

Advertisement