Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HK416 - on a budget!

Options
  • 26-02-2009 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

Okay, couple of questions here lads, I'm still half a noob so bear with me :o :

1. JG HK416 - Any good? How does the plastic body hold up? Any internals issues anyone know of?

2. Does the above accept ANY M4/stanag type mag?

3. I'm looking at the full stock version. Any issues with slamming a 9.6 in there and running it? I'm thinking wear and tear here ya know.

Cheers in advance! :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

I've seen and used Real Steyr Daves one at G-TAC and have to say its a brilliant gun.
    Very sturdy and lots of scope for additions. Looks the biz, nice flip up front sight. Accepted any Stanag mag I ever put in it, and I have a good variation. Not too light and not too heavy.
    As for the 9.6v, I wouldnt know. But on the 8.4v it was running very well, with good rate of fire.

As far as body sturdiness goes, its Dave had an "incident" regarding a bog and it works perfectly still.

I'd personally highly recommend it.

Ohh, and it also has trades!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

i picked one up 2nd hand on here and skirmished it last weekend have to say its an excellent piece of kit , the rail system is solid , the 1 piece outer barrel is simplistic genius ,
    ive the full stock version so i can fit a large 9.6 , greatly improves rof ,debating going lipo with it ,
    when i compare this to my tm m16 i rate this higher,

better stock

solid abs body

solid internals

excellent 1 piece rail system

easy easy change barrel , from long to cqb

the only thing im changing is a proper rail mounted hk sight and possibly a 416 crane stock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

Awesome guys, cheers for the info. My AK phase ended with a bang yesterday, I just thought - why did I buy this? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

as they say you cant beat german technology

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭seamus-2k7

Ive been running a small 9.6 and a large type 8.4 in mine for about 6 months with no problems. Ide recommend getting the full stock version so no messing with nun chuck batteries or using a small 8.4 in the pecbox.

• Advertisement
Advertisement