Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massey ferguson 390 flashing becons wiring

Options
  • 26-02-2009 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭

Hi can anybody tell how to wire flashing beacons in my massey 390. The switch is there for the beacons but how do i wire the beacons into it.Can anybody tell me how they wired there beacons into the switch tat is in the cab. There is 2 purple wires going into the switch.

Thanks for ant replys.

Cormywormy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,094 ✭✭✭emaherx

Is there not a small socket beside the Switch?
    In my 390T ther is a small round socket about a third of the size of a cigerett lighter socket.

Either buy the correct plug for that socket or wire directly into the back of it

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭cormywormy

Hi there is a cig lighter but i want to wire it into a switch like the original.

Is it an actual Cig Lighter or just a socket?
    Because if its like mine then the Socket is turned on and off with the beakon switch.
    So you can wire it directly to the back of socket and the switch will turn it on and off. (or just plug it in)

What happened to the wiring from the original, or are you just presuming that there was one there before because theres a switch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭eire-kp

If the wires are at the stwich there shud be a connector in the roof for it. It would have been part of the wireing loom from the factory. You should see a round black cover in the side of the roof from the outside. youd probably have to fit a fuse in the fuse box. Used to have a 390t. Its a gud while ago so i cant remember exactly.

eire-kp wrote: »
    If the wires are at the stwich there shud be a connector in the roof for it. It would have been part of the wireing loom from the factory. You should see a round black cover in the side of the roof from the outside. youd probably have to fit a fuse in the fuse box. Used to have a 390t. Its a gud while ago so i cant remember exactly.

In mine its inside close to the switch small round socket with black cover, its a 94 machine. Newer models may have it on the outside. Older models may have cigerette lighter size socket.

But I'm sure if there is a switch then there is a socket somewhere.

• Advertisement

Hi i want to pout one of those black switches in i want to get rid od the cig lighter.I had a look in the roof space and found the wires to wire the beacon to so i think i will get a massey rocker switch and plug it into the wiring thats there and bobs your uncle

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

anybody know how to do this to a massey 3080. there is no switch anywhere. also the cigarette lighter is not very long and the beacon plugs just slip out of it. if i bought a new cigarette lighter thing is it easy to replace it.

Hi, as emaherx said you could take a live off the cig lighter and ground it to the cab. theres your beacon wired. put a switch and fuse in the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭powerfarmer

On the 3080 you could use one of the auxilary power outlets in the rear right hand side of the cab near the rear wiper switch you will need a special (Hella I think) plug to fit the socket though. There is another power outlet on the right hand cab pillar its a black thing with a little screw on cap, needs a specific plug too The cigarette lighter socket is a bit awkward to run a lead to on those tractors, its almost on the floor if i remember right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Trx

Anyone ever put a second beacon on a 5455. There is a hole on the roof on the other side. Does anyone know if she would be wired to take a second beacon.

There is also 3 plugs at the back rhs console. One is a hella small type.. What exactly are these used for. It Doesnt have a cigarette lighter tho.. Would be handy for charging the phone..anyone ever installed one

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

On the 3080 you could use one of the auxilary power outlets in the rear right hand side of the cab near the rear wiper switch you will need a special (Hella I think) plug to fit the socket though. There is another power outlet on the right hand cab pillar its a black thing with a little screw on cap, needs a specific plug too The cigarette lighter socket is a bit awkward to run a lead to on those tractors, its almost on the floor if i remember right

ya the cigarette lighter is a right dose alrite. are both those sockets inside the cab. there is some sort of a power thing just above the rear wiper button but wheres the other one as im a bit confused about yor post.

Hi trx i was told the connections are in the roof for the other beacon and would take 15 mind to fit.Have a look in the roof for the other connecter.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭powerfarmer

Hi there should be two power outlets with black flip up caps beside the rear wiper switch (inside the cab)these are handy for implement control boxes but could be used to power whatever you like. The power outlet with the screw on cap is on the rear face of the right hand cab pillar (inside the cab again) I have never used this one myself as I think the connector is a bit unusual but it could be intended for some accesory that MF never got around to making. These sockets may not be fitted to your particular tractor or could be in a different location 3000 series tractors appear to have had different equpment and layouts depending on the year

Advertisement