Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timescale between snag and closing?

Options
  • 26-02-2009 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was told last week that I can snag new house from the 28th of Feb. I got a call today stating the final closing date is the 12th of March, this sounds very rushed to me. Is this correct? Not much time between snag and closing.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Neilw wrote: »
    Hi all,

I was told last week that I can snag new house from the 28th of Feb. I got a call today stating the final closing date is the 12th of March, this sounds very rushed to me. Is this correct? Not much time between snag and closing.

Thanks.
    Fairly typical of builders - the main thing is to get your snagging done and the report into the builder between those dates - basicly if you don't, they assume that you're happy to proceed with the house as is.

Once the list is in it's up to the builder to get it done - and don't sign till it is. You may have to go back and check, you may also need to concede some things - but don't sign until you're happy. BTW it will take a few weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

Borzoi wrote: »
    Fairly typical of builders - the main thing is to get your snagging done and the report into the builder between those dates - basicly if you don't, they assume that you're happy to proceed with the house as is.

Once the list is in it's up to the builder to get it done - and don't sign till it is. You may have to go back and check, you may also need to concede some things - but don't sign until you're happy. BTW it will take a few weeks

That's good advice

Advertisement