Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our Lady's Children's Hospital Crumlin

Options
  • 26-02-2009 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi, I've got to go there next week and I've been told that the parking is a nightmare up there - can anyone advise me where it would be free (and safe) to park - I've been told not to even bother trying to get into the hospital carpark.

How far is it to walk from Lidl or Aldi to the hospital? Been told there is one near there? Thanks in advance. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

It's around a 15 minute walk I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭glaston

Used to go there a while back, as far as I can remember best thing to do is arrive early in the morning if at all possible , bout 8am for the main car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Could try the Star Bingo carpark opposite the Hospital, you'd usually get parking on St.Marys Rd aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭richiepoorman

I'm not looking forward to it, cheers for the advice. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Don't bother trying to park in the hospital car park. The hospital is surrounded by the residential area of Drimnagh. There is no shortage of parking on the street once you are willing to walk 5 mins away.

Drive past the main entrance to the hospital. This road is called Cooley road. Keep going for about 200 hundred yards and take any right turn and you'll get parking handy enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I've been there on two occasions - both were emergency situations and I parked in the public car park. On both occasions there was plenty of room but I needed to be with my daughter so I wasn't concerned about the parking fee.

If you have time you'll easily find parking in the adjacent residential areas. As stated previously, you might have a 5 min walk - but worth the hassle if you plan to be there for a while.

From a health perspective, I hope the nature of your visit is not too serious and that it all works out for you.

Best of luck.

Advertisement