Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obama already felt failure?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

In my neck of the woods, at least, the slump has bottomed out. The prices on houses now are just too good to avoid people snapping them up.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 18,407 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

In my neck of the woods, at least, the slump has bottomed out. The prices on houses now are just too good to avoid people snapping them up.

NTM

I normally read the Mish blog , he did a piece on it today , it will be interesting to see if the housing market is near a bottom or not.

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2009/04/case-shiller-march-2009-analysis.html

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 83,302 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

silverharp wrote: »
    Can the Mesiah levitate the housing market:D

Say what you want about Glenn Beck (He loves his country so much, after all...) but fcuk me if he doesnt know how to make a strong argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Glenn is a little off the wall but what he says in his show is spot on.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Apparently the famous Obama international tact has hit a stone wall in the Vatican. Telegraph is reporting that an attempt to nominate Caroline Kennedy (as a reward for her support in the primaries) as the ambassador has been rejected. Fair enough, until one realises this is the third 'unacceptable' emissary that they've tried sending to the Holy See.

Actually, he's not had that great a month so far. His European Tour didn't exactly achieve much, he's taking a bit of flak (possibly unjustified, in fairness) over the pirate thing, he's issued a lot of hot air over North Korea, and his approval rating is now down to 55%, the lowest it's been since he's been in office. To put this in perspective, if it's still there in two weeks (the 100 day mark) he'll have the lowest approval rating at that point of any president since WWII.

NTM

• Advertisement
Advertisement