Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dingle v Killarney v Kenmare, ...nightlife?

Options
  • 26-02-2009 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

gonna do Carrauntoohil soon, and just looking at where to stay.

never been to Kerry. heard plenty good about Dingle and was leaning towards there, but Killarney is much nearer. Kenmare's an option too.
    How do these three compare in terms of pubs/nightlife?

is the drive from Dingle to Carrauntoohil way longer than from Killarney?
    if so, is the nightlife sufficiently better than the others to make the drive worthwhile?

any further info on best holiday home rentals would also be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Lots of pubs in Dingle, only one "nite club" which is from 18 to 80! Much longer spin from Dingle to Cuaran.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Carrantouhill is only 7 miles from Killarney so the idea of staying in Dingle or Kenmare means a long drive afterwards.:(
    Beaufort village is only 2 miles from the base so depending what you are after it would be a good option. 3pubs 2 restaurants and you would pick up accommodation no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

i would imagine that killarney would have more options for pubs and night clubs.
    kenmare is a nice spot but seems to be more of a pub scene, and I have never been to dingle after dark, but have heard "stories" about the highgrove/hillgrove. cant remember the name of the niteclub there, but as a previous poster said its the only one

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

It's in the Hillgrove, many's the happy drunken night I had there as a student in the Gaeltacht!!Still had slow sets the last time I was there..last one of the night you'd be felt up by farmers 3 times your age!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Johnnyjump

I'd vote for Dingle. Although after byhookorbycrook's revelation, I'll be staying well away from the Hillgrove, as I don't exactly fancy being felt up by farmers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭thatsnotmyname

Does anyone know which hotel is the best in Dingle thinking of going there in May with the wife for the Anniversary ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

My vote goes to the 4* Dingle Skellig: http://www.dingleskellig.com/dingle.html with your rooms averaging from 65-165 pending the type of room you would be looking for. Take the tour on their website and you could easily convince yourself the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭thatsnotmyname

Cheers kerry4sam
    i will check it out. :)

Advertisement