Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business (FT) Grad Dip Ed

Options
  • 26-02-2009 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

Was anyone here accepted onto this programme? Could you tell me about the interview/tests and selection process? Is it difficult to be accepted?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Seámus-Púbach

i'm pretty interested too

wonder if its intense or what? in in NUIG but this looks like the only postgrad i can be bothered doing.

i dont fancy goin workin next year! im only 19!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Seámus-Púbach

also deadlines this fri so any reply by then would be sweet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭helpwanted1

I am also intested in applying for this course. The information on the website is kind of vague. Is it a new course? I had never heard of it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I gave this a lot of consideration last year but ultimately decided not to do it. I'm not gonna name anyone on here, but I was given advice by a tutor not to undertake it.

If you're doing Accounting or Economics it's not so bad, but if you're majoring in anything else it's not worth any consideration. Reason being if you didn't do one of those subjects you'll be qualified to teach Junior Cert Business and Leaving Cert Business Studies, nothing else, which at the end of the day would make you the least qualified Business teachers in an already competitive market!

Look for a Grad Dip that qualifies you to teach another subject like maths etc...

Advertisement