Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fish alternative?

Options
  • 26-02-2009 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭

it's just something that crossed my mind today.

somebody beside me was eating tuna at lunch and i remembered how much

of it i used to eat before i turned veggie.

so we have stuff like Quorn for meat alternatives but are there any fish

alternatives out there?? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

Redwood do 'fish fingers'. Haven't seen anything like tuna.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

A post on imitation fish products here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055300661
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭sunshine rose

Thanks for the link sweet-rasmus. Should have checked the search function before i posted.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Ah, tis grand :) I hope you can pick up some of the Redwood fish alternatives soon to try out! An interesting experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Emerald Lass

anyone know where you can get 'fake' ham? When I lived in the UK about 10 years ago, tesco and Asda did it. It had the brilliantly imaginative name of 'Not Ham' lol. Just wondered if any one knew of a brand of fake ham? my OH is muslim, and I mentioned to him that you can get fake ham - he was intregued as he was curious to know what ham tasted like (seeing as he's never had it and wonders what all the fuss is about ham and bacon!) From what I remember the 'not ham' range was actually very convincing. They later brought out a 'not turkey' but that wasn't as successful!

also I know 'fake' rashers have been mentioned - whats the best ones?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

You can get fake meat type slices in a lot of health stores, most taste quite luncheony.

I love all the fake rashers so I'm not the best to help out there. :)
    There isn't much to them, ie I'd go through a pack and be equally hungry, so better eaten in something perhaps.

Advertisement