Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling by ones self in Oz.

Options
  • 26-02-2009 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Ill be in Melbourne for a good while before my mate comes over. Just wondering how many are by themselves in Oz at the mo and how theyre gettin on?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

This tread title pops up like every two weeks, use the search tool and do a search ... A LOT of people do this, so don't worry about it

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭acostelloe1

cheers dude, will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,356 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

leaving on my own for oz in 10 days or so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Keep your eyes peeled for a mini Melbourne Beers coming up soon hopefully. Should be a good way to meet fellow Boardsies in the same boat and some veterans.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭acostelloe1

will do man cheers, found some old threads about this too. cheers everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

It's not all that bad really.

A bit scary at first but a mind opening experience.

As my dad always said “If you have a tongue in your head you'll never be lost "

Talk to people alot in the same situation that you'll be in.

If you have time drop by the site and start a blog . Would be a great help for others in your situation .

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭elambra

I spent 7 weeks on my own in Aus in Aug/Sept last year, it's rediculously easy! Great fun getting to know people too, just check into a hostel, and ask anyone in the room if they are up for a beer, no one actualy ever said no!

...and if you are traveling about, then joining a tour is the best way to meet people (Fraser, Whitsundays etc.)

Advertisement