Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Job in Burnfoot

Options
  • 26-02-2009 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm starting a new job in March, what is my best plan for living/commuting ?
    At the moment, I don't have a full licence, so was thinking of Living in Derry & commuting from there, if possible.

Letterkenny is also an option, but is there transport from there ?
    Does Bus Eireann go further north than Letterkenny ...

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Mully wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm starting a new job in March, what is my best plan for living/commuting ?
    At the moment, I don't have a full licence, so was thinking of Living in Derry & commuting from there, if possible.

Letterkenny is also an option, but is there transport from there ?
    Does Bus Eireann go further north than Letterkenny ...

Cheers.
    Hi Mully,

Derry is a lot closer than Letterkenny so would be handier. As for commuting, Bus Eireann don't go there. Lough Swilly might have something from Derry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

What time do you start/finish?
    Why not consider living in Burnfoot, or Muff or Buncrana are also nearby?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭jonnygee

Forget about Letterkenny, Derry or Buncrana is your best bet, I am asuming the job is in the only major employer around there at the moment, is it I&E or E&I that does the switchgear, I see that they have secured a contract with the new landsdowne stadium, it,s in the paper this week, Anywhere between Derry and Buncrana would suit you niceley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

I'd Say Buncranna or even try Newtowncunningham, burt or Fahan , might be harder getting somewhere there though, there is a crowd that go from Letterkenny to Buncranna they are called North West Busways very good service. If your intersted in living in Newtown let me know i'll ask around here for you see whats avalable.

Advertisement