Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom to BT Broadband......Help

Options
  • 27-02-2009 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys ,
    I need your help

Basically I'm sick of eircom with all there website blocking coming up and P2P restrictions and i need a change :rolleyes:

I noticed that on the BT BB web page there offering a 24MB :eek: compared to my 3MB and it's roughly around the same price ,

So has any of you changed over to BT, how long were you left without BB when you were switching over , was it easy switching over
    and would you recommend them

Heres the link I'm looking at http://www.btireland.ie/AtHome_bb.shtml

Sorry if this is a repeat post , Kinda new to posting threads so bear with me :o

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Just wait until you encounter BT's billing now that will be something to be sick of!

How can you be sick of something that hasn't happened yet?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭Melted M&M

BT throttle P2P and you dont get the 24mb as promised Im sick of them and going to look elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭SeanW

As long as BT doesn't knuckle under and give the IRMA mafia everything it wants on a silver plate like Eircon, I'd say go for it. Ok some people complain about billing, but when BT works, it works great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭ongarite

Melted M&M wrote: »
    BT throttle P2P and you dont get the 24mb as promised Im sick of them and going to look elsewhere

BT don't throttle P2P but they will throttle you if you go over the unofficial download cap of 100GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

dub45 wrote: »
    Just wait until you encounter BT's billing now that will be something to be sick of!

i know but the main reason is i want super fast BB

• Advertisement

If UPC is available in your area it can be a good option.

20MB for me in north Dublin at least is Brilliant, 20mb 95% of the time no throttling or caps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

cisk wrote: »
    If UPC is available in your area it can be a good option.

20MB for me in north Dublin at least is Brilliant, 20mb 95% of the time no throttling or caps.

Thanks for the tip , chances are no though i live in the back end of nowhere

dub45 wrote: »

Maybe he want's to make a point, that he would rather be with a provider who weren't buckling under the weight of a company who want to censor the internet?

Regardless, fair play for doing something OP. I've heard bad things about BT's billing from randomly reading threads, but i rarely hear any good things about anything, so it may be getting a little exaggerated. I'd definitely shop around though, if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

Kenno90,
    Thanks for the tip , chances are no though i live in the back end of nowhere
    what make u to think that u'll get those 24mb then?
    only few exchanges can handle such of speeds
    http://www.btireland.ie/llu_exchanges.shtml
    along with that u have to live very close to those exchages (less then 1 km) to get 24 mb
    ps. i am sick of BT tech support -- they are useless , it is like talking to the wood realy . most of them wouldn't know basic stuff about adsl technology or networking

Advertisement