Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ufc97 Rua odds

Options
  • 27-02-2009 12:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

paddy power is offering 6/4 for Mauricio Rua against Chuck Liddells 1/2.
    I think thats the best mma odds ive seen yet considering Stephen Hawking could beat Chuck at the moment...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Have you not seen Ruas last fights?

He gassed quicker than Butterbean climbin a flight of stairs. I hope I'm wrong but if that Rua turns up he will get his ass handed to him. Chuck rarely comes in out of shape and is ten times stronger mentally.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Kazooie wrote: »
    Have you not seen Ruas last fights?

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭takeda shingen

I have seen them but Chuck has lost 3 out of 4 of his last fights and doesnt have age on his side. I reckon ufc is marketing Rua as a destroyer of the old guard (Coleman, now Lidell). I was at Rua's last fight like all of us in the O2.Yes it was pretty lacklustre from his point of view. I think he was just lazy in prep/training expecting Coleman to be a walkover. I would say he will be a lot sharper next time out. my tuppence worth

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

If he loses to Chuck then they won't be marketing him at all. This fight is Danas way of sayin shape up or your out.

Don't get me wrong I love Shogun, but it's like he's lost whatever made him so explosive. I'll be rootin for him against Chuck. Be good to see the old Shogun back.

By the way Chucks last four fights were against Rampage, Jardine, Silva and Evans. Hardly cans, so I don't think it matters too much he lost 3 of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

I think Rua should consider following Wandi down to MW, he may not have a choice about it if he loses to Chuck. There is alot to like about this fight. This is two fighters being asked if they are still relevant at the top of the game. There is alot of pride and money on the line. My money is on Rua, he is better rounded, and has youth on his side

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Should be a very intresting fight. Hard to know what to expect from either fighter but it would be great if they both brought their 'A' game.

Neither became bad fighters overnight, Chuck seems to be getting caught in the way that he used to catch other fighters in the past (Maybe this is due to him slowing down a bit?)
    As for Shogun, stomps and soccer kicks were a big part of his game in Pride and maybe that is why he doesn't seem as good with the Ufc rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

paddy power is offering 6/4 for Mauricio Rua against Chuck Liddells 1/2.
    I think thats the best mma odds ive seen yet considering Stephen Hawking could beat Chuck at the moment...

Sorry, not impressed with rua in the ufc, Chuck KO in rnd 1

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Maynard

I'm on it! C'mon Shogun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

This is the make or break fight for both guys,and they both know it.Hence why it'll be interesting.Unless each fighter is totally different from their last few outings I dont see this fight being a threat to the "fight of the year" or anything.

btw,has shogan said anything about his stellar performance against coleman?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Losing this fight won't affect Chuck that much. He'll still be a big star and people will still pay to see him

I think the knee injuries have really affected Shogun. Judging by the shape he was in in his last fight, I'd say that he's not able to do sufficient cardio because of his knee

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭takeda shingen

well i know its a while away but im on rua/anderson silva double at just under 2/1...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

anyone know why they only have 3 fights listed for Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

I have seen them but Chuck has lost 3 out of 4 of his last fights and doesnt have age on his side. I reckon ufc is marketing Rua as a destroyer of the old guard (Coleman, now Lidell). I was at Rua's last fight like all of us in the O2.Yes it was pretty lacklustre from his point of view. I think he was just lazy in prep/training expecting Coleman to be a walkover. I would say he will be a lot sharper next time out. my tuppence worth

To be fair Shogun gased very early and couldnt finish Coleman even though he was dead on his feet. His conditioning was also in question against Forrest. I can't see him finishing Chuck or even lasting the distance with him. As someone else said Chuck rarely goes into a fight out of shape and I also think his superior striking will put Shogun away early.
    Thats just my opinion though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

anyone know why they only have 3 fights listed for Saturday?

Full markets don't usually go up until the Monday, which would be today, or one or two days after that

Advertisement