Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA IV: The Lost And Damned

• 27-02-2009 12:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,329 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody get this? I think it's great. Johnny is a better character than Niko imo and the new music, vehicles and weapons really improve the game. What did everyone think?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Decent addon, have completed it and would reccomend it, missions and story were good and the references to GTA4 moments were well executed, definately a worthwhile purchase

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

Only started into it. I love gta, but I dunno about this yet, very 'macho' but really badly done macho! But gonna give it a shot, main story was a bit of a slow burn but absolutely fantastic!

Only started into it. I love gta, but I dunno about this yet, very 'macho' but really badly done macho! But gonna give it a shot, main story was a bit of a slow burn but absolutely fantastic!

Start off isnt that great but it does get better! I actually felt the same as the start of it

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

How do you buy it? I've went into HMV and Game and they have all been very vague about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

It's download only, through the Xbox Live marketplace.

I like it alot. Seem's the facial animations have been greatly improved.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

rizzla wrote: »
    It's download only, through the Xbox Live marketplace.

You have to pay for a new year's subscription I'm guessing??

VolvoMan wrote: »
    You have to pay for a new year's subscription I'm guessing??

No, you can buy it with Silver live, your live sub shouldn't effect it

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

You don't need a Gold subscription to buy/download anything, only to play online. The game costs 1600 MSP. Points can be bought through the Xbox with a credit card (in multiples of 500 costing €6/500), and from shops (online and off) that sell points cards. The cards shops sell come with 4200, 2100 or 1600 (GTA branded) points. The 1600 one is €17.99 in HMV, but might cost more/less elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

I seen Smyths in Naas with a case out for it? Wonder was it a code that got you the download direct. They were charging €20 for it.
    Have to get back in to GTAIV. I was really into itwhen it first came out, bought it the morning it was released. And havent looked at it since :(

nicklauski wrote: »
    I seen Smyths in Naas with a case out for it? Wonder was it a code that got you the download direct. They were charging €20 for it.
    Have to get back in to GTAIV. I was really into itwhen it first came out, bought it the morning it was released. And havent looked at it since :(

Afaik its simply a code pack with a voucher for 1600 microsoft points, afaik, there is no install disc with it

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭da ax murderer

a lot of people on live have been telling me they seen the infamous ratman in the sewers that he was put in after the lost and damned download, anyone seen him ? or the ghost in the sprunk factory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

What is the new music in it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    What is the new music in it?
    • Termanology - "Here in Liberty City"
    • Freeway - "Carjack"
    • Saigon - "Spit"
    • Skyzoo - "The Chase Is On"
    • Consequence - "I Hear Footsteps"
    • Talib Kweli - "My Favorite Song"
    • Busta Rhymes featuring: Ron Browz - "Arab Money"
    • Busta Rhymes featuring: Young Jeezy & Jadakiss - "Conglomerate"
    • T.I. featuring: Swizz Beatz - "Swing Ya Rag"
    • Ron Browz - "Jumping (Out the Window)"
    • DJ Khaled featuring: Kanye West & T-Pain - "Go Hard"
    • Kardinal Offishall featuring Akon - "Dangerous"
    • John Legend featuring: André 3000 - "Green Light"
    • Kanye West - "Love Lockdown"
    • B.o.B - "Auto-Tune"
    • At the Gates - "Slaughter of the Soul"
    • Drive By Audio - "Jailbait"
    • Celtic Frost - "Inner Sanctum"
    • Entombed - "Drowned"
    • Sepultura - "Dead Embryonic Cells"
    • Deicide - "Dead by Dawn"
    • Cannibal Corpse - "I Cum Blood"
    • Bathory - "Call from the Grave"
    • Kreator - "Awakening of the Gods"
    • Terrorizer - "Fear of Napalm"
    • Nazareth - "Hair of the Dog"
    • Styx - "Renegade"
    • Rod Stewart - "Every Picture Tells a Story"
    • Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Saturday Night Special"
    • The James Gang - "Funk #49"
    • Edgar Winter Group - "Free Ride"
    • Aerosmith - "Lord of the Thighs"
    • Deep Purple - "Highway Star"
    • AC/DC - "Touch Too Much"
    • Foghat - "Drivin' Wheel"
    • The Doors - "Five to One"
    • Alice Cooper - "Go to Hell"
    • Jefferson Starship - "Jane"
    • Iron Maiden - "Run to the Hills"
    • Mötley Crüe - "Wild Side"
    • Saxon - "Wheels of Steel"
    • The Doobie Brothers - "China Grove"
    • Bon Jovi - "Wanted Dead or Alive"
    • Blonde Acid Cult - "Shake It Loose"
    • Kill Memory Crash - "Hell on Wheels"
    • Magic Dirt - "Get Ready to Die"
    • Brazilian Girls - "Nouveau Americain"
    • Freeland - "Borderline"
    • Kreeps - "The Hunger (Blood in My Mouth)"
    • Japanther - "Radical Businessman"
    • Foxylane - "Command"
    • Monotonix - "Body Language"
    • Game Rebellion - "Dance Girl (GTA Mix)"
    • The Yelling - "Blood on the Steps"
    • The Jane Shermans - "I Walk Alone"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Any further opinions on this?
    Is it worth a punt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

mathie wrote: »
    Any further opinions on this?
    Is it worth a punt?

Basically if you couldnt force yourself to finish the game dont get it..If you enjoyed the whole thing and finished it..get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Why can you not get full health as Johnny? I can only get a half a circle of health.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,692 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

creggy wrote: »
    Why can you not get full health as Johnny? I can only get a half a circle of health.

Is it not half health, half armour? Go to sleep / grab a burger and you should get the fullest of health meters.

As for the game, I like it just to get more time in Liberty City (I know the game has detractors, but I think its a wonderfully realised world). Like the bike mechanics, racing (baseball bats ftw) and sense of humour. I do think the missions can be a bit bland (although haven't had a chance to play that much yet) but as a fan of GTA IV definitely enjoyed what I've had a chance to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Its half health half armor:P

anyone know where to get microsoft points for a good price? i will probably be up in newry at the weekend so i'll have a shop around there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

anyone know where to get microsoft points for a good price? i will probably be up in newry at the weekend so i'll have a shop around there too.

let me know how you get on up there, to buy 2000 from microsoft its €24 and its not cheaper really on ebay either. Ill need 2000 to cover this and the fallout 3 expansion next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

I usually get mine from play.com €22.49 for 2100 or €42.99 for 4200.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Been playing it recently. The missions seem very similar to Nico's ones.

Enjoyable though, especially considering it's been a few months since I've shotgunned someone in the face for bumping into my motorbike ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Too easy and too short!

There was only 1 or 2 missions that needed a second (or third, or fourth!) go. The last mission was way too easy, had it done on first attempt.

Still have to do all the racing and gang war missions along with bike robberies, very good expansion despite it's shortfall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,329 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

well considering it is an expansion and the first of it's kind really ever produced it's very good imo. I mean I got tired of Nico and this definately is a nice change. I love the new music too, it's nearly better than in the main game. Can't wait for number 2

Advertisement