Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help Needed!!

• 27-02-2009 1:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hey guys!
    Ok well I really need some help with a college assignment for my French Class at the moment. French is by far not my strongest subject but is unfortunately a compulsory part of my course. Basically I need to write a reply to this following query and I am totally lost as to where to even start as the content is far beyond my current vocabulary and translation websites have been of no help whatsoever to me. I know I am asking an awful lot but i would greatly appreciate somebodys help with answering this for me.
    Thanks for even taking the time for reading this and sorry for rambling a bit.

A l'attention de : Réservations. Bunratty Hôtel
    Date: 09/02/2009

Monsieur, Madame,
    Je vous serais reconnaissant de bien vouloir indiquer si vous avez de la disponibilité pour 13 chambres twins pour la période du 21/06 au 23/06 prochains en B/B.
    Comme il s'agit d'une réunion d'affaires, j'aimerais réserver une salle de réunion pour 40 personnes environ pour le 22 juin. Pouvez vous indiquer le prix de la salle de séminaire pour la journée et l'équipement de la salle. Est-ce que le prix des sessions café/the/canapés est inclus dans la location de la salle de réunion?
    Nous désirons aussi organiser un diner pour 50 personnes le 22 juin et j'aimerais consulter vos menus et la carte des vins.
    Dans l'attente de votre réponse.
    Salutations.
    Eric Boyer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭li@mo

Dear
    I would be grateful if you have availability for 13 twin rooms for the period from 21/06 to 23/06 next to B / B.
    As this is a business meeting, I reserve a meeting room for 40 people for June 22 Can you indicate the price of the seminar room for the day and the equipment room. Is the price of coffee sessions / the / sofa is included in the rental of the meeting room?
    We also want to organize a dinner for 50 people on 22 June and would like to view your menu and wine list.
    In anticipation of your reply.
    Greetings.
    Eric Boyer

Got this from Google Translator.

I know its not 100% but it gives at least you get the jist of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

it basically says:

"could you please let me know if you have 13 twin rooms available for the period...on a B&B basis.
    as this is a business meeting, i'd like to book a meeting room for roughly 40 people for the 22nd. could you let me know the cost of the room hire for the day and what equipment is it set up with. are coffee breaks/canapes included in the price?
    we'd also like to organise dinner for the 22nd for around 50 people so could you please provide me with your menus and wine list.

i look forward to hearing from you"

actually the french query is pretty poor quality too.

if you want, write the reply you'd like to give in english, then attempt to translate it and we'll fix it for ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

it basically says:
    actually the french query is pretty poor quality too.

if you want, write the reply you'd like to give in english, then attempt to translate it and we'll fix it for ya

True, but you don't wonna go saying to your teacher now :p

+1 on the translation help here, but, you need to learn ;) so do it yourself first and we'll come back to you with suggestions and corrections!

Basicly, you need to reply to the query and i would make sure these things are in there: availibility, price, a thank you for enquiring, "do not hesitate to contact us if you require any further information."

Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭TG001

Thanks so much for all your help guys really appreciate it.

Well here goes I made a stab at it anyway along with (quite a bit:eek:) of help from them on-line translators which I think myself like to throw out many random words maybe just to confuse the less intelligent among us!!!:D:D

Well i'l include the english version that i was hoping the reply would maybe slightly resemble!! So once again i would greatly appreciate any help at all that anybody could offer!!

Thanks again x

Dear Mr. Boyer,

Thank you very much for your recent enquiry. I am delighted to inform you that we have 13 twin rooms available for the period from 21/06 to 23/06 (2 nights) on a B&B basis at a price of €89 per night group rate.
    Regarding the meeting room, the price is €350 to hire for the day. The meeting room includes, Complimentary internet, Photocopy and Fax service, Overhead projector and Stationery. Coffee,Tea and canapés can be included at a special price of €10 Per Person. The cost of the room including this would come to a total of €750. Could you please let me know ASAP if this suits you as June is a busy time for our meeting rooms.
    With regard to the dinner planned for the 22nd, I have attached the menus, wine lists and prices to this email. Should you be happy with these please also be sure to make your reservation for dinner ASAP.
    I hope you have found this Email helpful and please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any further information.

Yours sincerely
    Aine O Hara

A l'attention de: Eric Boyer
    Date: 10/02/2009

Monsieur Boyer,
    Merci de votre enquête récente. Je suis enchanté pour vous informer que nous avons 13 salles de chambres disponibles pour la période de 21/06 à 23/06 prochains en B&B a la prix de €89 par taux de groupe de nuit.

Concernant le lieu de reunion, le prix est €350 à louer pour le jour. Le lieu de réunion inclut: Internet, Service de Photocopie et de fax, Rétroprojecteur et Papeterie. Le Café, le Thé et les Canapés peuvent être inclus à un prix spécial de €10 par personne. Le coût de la salle comprenant ceci viendrait à un total de €750. Pourriez vous faites-le moi savoir aussitôt que possible si ceci t'adapte car juin est un temps occupé pour nos lieux de reunion.

En ce qui concerne le dîner a prévu pour le 22nd, J'ai attaché les menus, les listes de vin et les prix à cet email. Si vous être heureux avec ces derniers satisfaites soyez également sûr de faire votre réservation pour le dîner aussitôt que possible.

J'espère que vous avez trouvé cet email utile et veuillez ne pas hésiter à nous contacter si vous avez besoin de n'importe quelles informations supplémentaires.

Salutations
    Aine O Hara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Riconho

TG001 wrote: »
    So once again i would greatly appreciate any help at all that anybody could offer!!

Maybe it's too late?

A l'attention de : Eric Boyer
    Date: 10/02/2009

Monsieur Boyer,
    Merci pour votre demande de renseignements. Je suis enchantée de vous informer que nous avons 13
    salles de chambres disponibles pour la période du 21/06 au 23/06 prochains en B&B au prix de €89 par nuitée et par persone.

Concernant la salle de réunion, le prix de location est de 350
    à louer pour le par jour. La salle de réunion inclut : accès gratuit à internet, photocopieur et fax, rétroprojecteur et fournitures de bureau. Le café, le thé et les canapés peuvent être inclus à un prix spécial de 10 par personne. Le montant de la salle comprenant ceci reviendrait à un total de 750. Pourriez-vous me faire savoir aussitôt que possible si ceci vous convient car juin est un mois très chargé pour nos salles de réunion.

En ce qui concerne le dîner
    a prévu pour le 22nd, j'ai attaché les menus, les listes de vins et les prix à cet email. Si vous êtes satisfait de ces derniers satisfaites soyez également sûr de faire votre réservation pour le dîner aussitôt que possible.

J'espère que vous avez trouvé cet email utile et veuillez ne pas hésiter à nous contacter si vous avez besoin d'
    e n'importe quelles informations supplémentaires.

Salutations
    Aine O Hara

• Advertisement
Advertisement