Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nimbuzz

• 27-02-2009 1:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭

Just making people aware of this tool I found today that I find pretty useful called NimBuzz: http://www.nimbuzz.com/

It does all your standard IM protocols like Google chat, AIM, MSN, Facebook and many more.

It also has VoIP for these accounts and also many more SIP accounts.

I have the Symbian version of my phone and it works great. Infact I think I may use this from now on instead of Fring.

There is also a java version available, but I doubt its as powerful.

Just letting people know about this as it doesn't seem to popular yet and seems better than all other similar tools like this for the mobile platform.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

It's an excellent program. The user interface is much better than Fring's and I've found it to be far more reliable in recent weeks. Just be aware that it's a good bit harder on the battery than Fring though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

yes, I've noticed it a bit harder on battery life alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

There is also a java version available, but I doubt its as powerful.

you're right, the java version doesn't do voip

Its a pity. It does call a low cost number though to make the call?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭TheAlmightyZeus

Yeah, I switched over to Nimbuzz a while ago from eBuddy which in fairness has nothing on Nimbuzz. Very nice interface, display pictures, send files, pretty much everything you'd want from a mobile IM client. Very happy with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Switched from Fring to eBuddy and now I'm seeing you all switching to this? Gonna have to give it a bash. Thanks OP.

No probs, its good. Just battery life with this on my Nokia N73 annoys me.

Im hoping the HTC Magic comes out on Vodafone here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

No probs, its good. Just battery life with this on my Nokia N73 annoys me.

Im hoping the HTC Magic comes out on Vodafone here.
    I've given up on battery life in phones these days to be honest. I just carry a spare in my wallet.

I know, im also hoping if the HTC Magic does make Vodafone IRL, that it will have a stable IM solution.

Im so tired of getting disconnected and not been able to connect with Fring/eBuddy/Nimbizz. Whether its these programs fault, or 3's! :-D

Advertisement