Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SFIV -Poor connections

• 27-02-2009 2:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hi,
    Just wondering is anyone else is having issues with poor connection ratings. On quick matches i usually get matches with no bars and even when i do custom matches the majority are 2 or below.
    On eircom.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Gibrean wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just wondering is anyone else is having issues with poor connection ratings. On quick matches i usually get matches with no bars and even when i do custom matches the majority are 2 or below.
    On eircom.

On the ranked quick matches, you get a flashing connection symbol. I dont think that it is a sign of a bad connection, rather the system hasn't time to check each conection.

I play like this all the time and I find that 9/10 matches are lag free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

haven't had any issues myself

what's it actually like when you're in game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Gibrean

pretty much unplayable! -any suggestions on how to test my connection over xbox? my pc seems to have minimum lag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Out of the 100 or so matches I've played only had lag on 2 that I can remember.

There's an option to search for "Stability" as a preference which may help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

When i search for players i can't connect to half of them . Its either GAME FULL or some stupid error

I find it easier just to create a lobby and wait.

Also..brings the point of sides about, id rather it was random, rather than the person hosting getting the left side. Dunno bout anyone else...but i prefer the left side..seems more natural to move from 6oClock ->3oClock for pulling of hadokens etc ??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

SeantheMan wrote: »
    When i search for players i can't connect to half of them . Its either GAME FULL or some stupid error

I find it easier just to create a lobby and wait.

Also..brings the point of sides about, id rather it was random, rather than the person hosting getting the left side. Dunno bout anyone else...but i prefer the left side..seems more natural to move from 6oClock ->3oClock for pulling of hadokens etc ??

I set it on Ranked Quick Match and just pick whoever is top of the list. Otherwsie, youd be waiting minutes between games. If I get 6-7 of these errors in a row, I'll just go back to the main screen and rejoin.

SeantheMan, if you start as player 2, you won't be long perfecting fireballs from that side too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

anyone else getting really bad connections tonight? Everyone is coming up with just one red bar. Lag is terrible tonight.

Advertisement