Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox live question

Options
  • 27-02-2009 3:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

i downloaded a game(the lost and the damned) for my friend who doesnt have the internet. He brought his 360 to my house i set up an xbox live account and gamertag for myself and then downloaded it to his 360. I then removed my xbox live account from his xbox. He took it back to his houe and played. The next day when he switched on his xbox it was gone!!

Does anyone know what could happened? and how to get it back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Bob Z wrote: »
    i downloaded a game(the lost and the damned) for my friend who doesnt have the internet. He brought his 360 to my house i set up an xbox live account and gamertag for myself and then downloaded it to his 360. I then removed my xbox live account from his xbox. He took it back to his houe and played. The next day when he switched on his xbox it was gone!!

Does anyone know what could happened? and how to get it back?

The content is linked to your account so he can't use it

You should have got him to dl it on his account. So you'll have to pay for it again. Or give him the account you set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

The content is linked to your account so he can't use it

You should have got him to dl it on his account. So you'll have to pay for it again. Or give him the account you set up.

Thats what i thought but i wasnt sure. I thought maybe he accidentally deleted it. But why did it work for a while?

The account i set up has my email address and credit card. So i will have to change them.

If i give him my account after i remove the email and credit card will i have to download it again or will it still be on the hard drive?

Bob Z wrote: »
    Thats what i thought but i wasnt sure. I thought maybe he accidentally deleted it. But why did it work for a while?

If i give him my account after i remove the email and credit card will i have to download it again or will it still be on the hard drive?

It should still be on the hard drive. You can look up the hard drive contents and it will show each game save and content for each game on that drive.

The content is linked to your Gamertag so it should make no odds if you change the email liked to it as far as I know.

It should still be on the hard drive. You can look up the hard drive contents and it will show each game save and content for each game on that drive.

The content is linked to your Gamertag so it should make no odds if you change the email liked to it as far as I know.

Thanks for your reply. I didnt realise it would be so much hassle. On a wii you just buy the points and then buy the game. MS seem to want it to be complicated. Also i cant remove my credit card from the account!! So i will have to tell the credit card company i lost it or something

Can he play the game offline? he hasnt got the internet

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I thought all marketplace content was available to all gamertags on the original xbox that it was downloaded to and you only got access issues if the console changed and then you'd need to be online to play using any tag. Or did they change the system for this GTA stuff?

i9 got it sorted. You dont have to have use the same profile. All he (friend ) had to do was go to new game and then select lost and the damned

I thought all content you download on one profile is linked to that profile only, otherwise only one person has to pay for content and he can then give it to as many people as he likes which would be crazy coming from Mircosoft.

I thought all content you download on one profile is linked to that profile only, otherwise only one person has to pay for content and he can then give it to as many people as he likes which would be crazy coming from Mircosoft.

No its linked the xbox 360( i cant remeber if it the hard drive or console itself) . You are allowed to download twice in 12 months so if your xbox breaks you can download it to a new one

Advertisement