Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carling Cup Final, Man United vs Spurs

14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

I really hate that song. Something that annoys me more is that Liverpool have so many catchy chants its not funny. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

ntlbell wrote: »
    he is young and i have no doubt he will come good.

surely you have some! And whats this song people keep refering to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Xavi6 wrote: »
    And 'Arry didn't win, which is always great.

+1
    He couldn't wheel and deal his way out of this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Trilla wrote: »
    surely you have some! And whats this song people keep refering to?

Not sure but I'm presuming either United Road or Glory Glory Man United?

Both of which I hate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Great to have another trophy to the collection. I thought United shaded it over the 120 mins but had Spurs nicked it I certainly wouldnt have seen it as a robbery - they gave as good as they got and should be safe this season with performances like that.

Nani was as usual the main reason for my constant swearing at the telly....Gibson did ok, very unlucky with that screamer in the first half...Evra roasted a few times by Lennon, overall not a great performance but the cup is in the bag and thats the main thing....good work though by Scholes, Evans and Giggs when he came on....

1 down, 3 to go! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

1 down, 3 to go! :D

no

3 down 3 more to go ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Headshot wrote: »
    no

3 down 3 more to go ;)

Community Shield and World Club? How could I forget :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Gibson for me really is an interesting player. Ole's thing about him being a Ferrari I think is bang on the money. He is incredibly based on being a confidence player as far as I can see. In the first 15 minutes, he was playing very well, and looked the part. He got stuck in, and had that great shot.

However then he made that mistake, and for the rest of the game, he was nowhere near as good, even poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Dave! wrote: »
    Scholesy was magnifique though wasn't he! :eek: Passes from 70 yards right to lads' feet, ridiculous!

I thought Scholes had a very poor match today.
    His legs are gone,he hardly ever got forward and himself and Gibson kept on occupying the same space.
    Scholes hardly ever got into the last third of the pitch ,himself and Gibson werent supporting the front 4 at all (Front 3 really as Nani hardly counts he is so ****e).
    Sure his long passing was excellent but he needs to get forward more.
    It was a terrible match ,I was hoping the referee would blow up after 90 minutes and go straight to penalties it was so bad.
    United have been at 2 finals in the new Wembley and they have both been dreadful 0-0 borefests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

His legs are gone,he hardly ever got forward and himself and Gibson kept on occupying the same space.
    Scholes hardly ever got into the last third of the pitch ,himself and Gibson werent supporting the front 4 at all (Front 3 really as Nani hardly counts he is so ****e).
    It was a terrible match ,I was hoping the referee would blow up after 90 minutes and go straight to penalties it was so bad.
    United have been at 2 finals in the new Wembley and they have both been dreadful 0-0 borefests.
    I don't agree with anything in that post... Except that Utd played twice in the new wembley...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Scholes hardly ever got into the last third of the pitch

Scholes doesn't need to get into the last third of the pitch anymore. He can pick a pass from 60 yards away and we generally play with 3 up top so that means Scholes can sit around the middle of the park and conduct the orchestra from there. He was excellent yesterday.

Nani was shocking again. Granted I'm not his biggest fan, but even diehards will have to admit that yesterday just wasn't good enough.

Thought Evans did well until he moved out to full back where he was shocking, got turned every time someone ran at him. Probably tiredness as much as anything else, but still worrying.

Welbeck was a little unlucky to come off so early, he had the potential to cause problems as the Spurs defence tired, and he showed some flashes of what he's capable of. At the same time his lack of experience and nerves was obvious, but that will come with time.

Overall good result, but would have liked more from the performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭shakespeare

I cant stand these type of posts about scholes...came accross another few in the united thread at the start of the season...what a pile of complete bull!
    in the same way Keane amended his style of play as his career wore on, Scholes has had to face up to the reality that if he tried to get into the box every time we attacked, he'd be only capable of 45 mins a match!

but do me a favour before ya post silly comments...re-watch uniteds match yeasterday, and while youre at it, re-watch as many matches as you can that scholes has played in this season and last season and count (you'll only need youre fingers on one hand!) how many times He's given the ball away. Every game the guy plays, he gives a masterclass in ball retention and if anything, between himself and Carrick this season, they've contributed to our defensive record ASTOUNDINGLY by simply not giving the opposition the ball...being a central midfielder isnt just about scoring crackers and being a box to box legend! its about doing the simple things well...whatever about his 70 yard passing...scholes runs games by keeping the ball...plain and simple...and if you dont understand that then theres no hope for you...scholes is still quite simply above ridiculous comments like yours, not just because hes "Paul Scholes" but because he proves it week in and week out...and is as integral to united now as he ever was.

rant over.(to coin a phrase)

(PS: dont point to the one time he got knicked in possession yesterday as if it was more then an irregular occurance)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,725 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

(PS: dont point to the one time he got knicked in possession yesterday as if it was more then an irregular occurance)

That was actually the crowds fault, they usually scream "man on", they were as quite as a church at that point. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭shakespeare

Boggles wrote: »
    That was actually the crowds fault, they usually scream "man on", they were as quite as a church at that point. :pac:

that crowd cheering thing on sky is new...might be a good way of getting more noise outta fans...they had it posted on the advertising boards who were cheering louder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,455 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

that crowd cheering thing on sky is new...might be a good way of getting more noise outta fans...they had it posted on the advertising boards who were cheering louder.
    who won in the end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

who won in the end?

man utd fans

fact!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,725 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

who won in the end?

I didn't see for a finish who won it, they had to reach 100 db for the charity pay off, anytime they did show it, it was over 200db.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Boggles wrote: »
    I didn't see for a finish who won it, they had to reach 100 db for the charity pay off, anytime they did show it, it was over 200db.
    I'd say if everyone there whispered it would still be over 100db, not much of an impetus to be louder :p Should made it if it gets to 300db then they'll donate a billion !

Advertisement