Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

download limit

• 27-02-2009 9:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭

hi,

i have exceeded my download limit for the month.
    if i buy several items in itunes but pause the downloads at the very start will my allowance be unaffected or will it still register as a full download.
    thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

LOL

Your download limit is your traffic measured in Bytes.

Maybe You should give us the figures and say what provider/service You have then we can tell You if the download limit is strictly enforced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

of course.sorry.:o
    its eircom. 30 gig limit and i'm currently 9 gigs over that.
    do my allowances reset exactly on the 1st of the month.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Allowance is rolling for the last 30 days.

what do you meam:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭lynchie

Nody wrote: »
    Allowance is rolling for the last 30 days.

Thought it was only BT who operated rolling quotas. Eircom's limit will reset on the 1st of the month

• Advertisement

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Blindpew

hi,

i have exceeded my download limit for the month.
    if i buy several items in itunes but pause the downloads at the very start will my allowance be unaffected or will it still register as a full download.
    thanks.

I'd say you could finish downloading the few songs once your with Eircom.They have never charged anyone for going over their limit. BT on the other hand would come around and delete all your music and break your Ipod if you went so much as 1 mb over the cap.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Blindpew wrote: »
    I'd say you could finish downloading the few songs once your with Eircom.They have never charged anyone for going over their limit. BT on the other hand would come around and delete all your music and break your Ipod if you went so much as 1 mb over the cap.

And bill you wrongly too! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Blindpew wrote: »

then hold your loyale pet dog hostage till you pay the pill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭tanora78

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Rubbish, I've dl'ed more than 120Gb this month, 135GB in september and usually average 100GB without even an email from them

How exactly does this work?

If you've got a download limit of 5GB, and you download a 4GB file, will you only have 1GB left on your limit?

I don't really know all that much about this kinda thing (but the only way to learn is to ask :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Blindpew

4 from 5 left 1 when I was in school in any case, that was a long time ago though and things may have changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Eircom would have a hard time billing anyone for going over their "limit", given that they ship routers to customers that can be hacked by a child.

If I had Eircom and went over my limit and they tried to bill me for it, I know what I would be saying to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭seanoge

Can someone tell me if Carriers are obliged to notify customer when they are approaching their download limits. If not why not?
    When I was with UTV years ago they did this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

No.

And don't drag up years old threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement