Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom broadband

Options
  • 27-02-2009 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

i live in ballyfermot and have the 7 meg bundle with eircom for the past week have been getting speeds of not even 1 meg just wondering has anyone else been having problems with there connection im connected to the palmerstown exchange or is there a problem that eircom is not telling me

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Irish Warrior

I have the same problem and I'm on the same exchange. I rang eircom support last Sunday about it and the guy said there was a problem with the exchange and would send a tech to fix it.

I rang again yesterday and the tech had never been sent, so they are sending another one.

Everyone I know on the exchange has the same very slow internet speed. The more complaints they get the faster they'll fix it I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

I'm on the Blanch exchange and this nonsense has been happing every evening from 6 to 12 for the past 5/6 weeks. Prior to that the speeds were fine. It seems to me that Eircom are overselling their available bandwith. I would take the "problem with the exchange" exchange with a grain of salt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Acoustic

same as me

grand at 3mb thought sure why not get 7mb its only an extra €5 a month i upgraded and getting downloads at 3400 and uploads at 150

when i rang them they said 5 - 10 is its busiest times , i said well you cant advertise 7mb if your not gonna provide it , so he kept me on 7mb and just charge me for 3mb

so hard to get a reliable service , id love the 20mb ntl but afraid of it failing as most do

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ossi

listen to this i'm sharing bandwith and i use a dell 530 inspiron also a certain someone is using wireless laptop for downloads i game and he kills everything heeeeellllp anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

And this has something to do with bandwidth issues on the Ballyfermot exchange?

If you share the bill, then the other person has a right to use it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

ossi wrote: »
    listen to this i'm sharing bandwith and i use a dell 530 inspiron also a certain someone is using wireless laptop for downloads i game and he kills everything heeeeellllp anyone
    In English please.

Advertisement