Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

David Icke's reptillian conspiracy

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,343 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

mysterious wrote: »
    Without the moon, we would not have stable athmostphere, stable magnetic field. Infact our magnetic field would have oblilerated like Mars.
    Thats not exactly true. The moon has little to do with the electro magnetic field or our atmosphere.
    Mars does have a magnetic field as well, just nowhere near as strong as ours.
    You would want to actually research this topic, The moon even causes our earth to wobble. Our moon does not do a perfect circle our own planet, it wobbles as the moon encircles it due to it's gravitational pull. Our axis and tilts are also in line with the gravity of the moon.
    Yes I did know that as a matter of fact. But what has this to do with people brains being effected by the moon?
    Do you realise this would have enormous effects on life on earth as we know it.
    Yes it does, but not the stuff you are claiming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

King Mob wrote: »
    Thats not exactly true. The moon has little to do with the electro magnetic field or our atmosphere.
    Mars does have a magnetic field as well, just nowhere near as strong as ours.
    Oh yes it is:D

Planets magnetic fields die off as it ages. Our planet is hottest when it's first formed. The core would be the hottest naturally and it's here where the magnetic field is stemmed from. The earth and the core is cooling down slowly. As so is our magnetic field. We still have a strong magnetic field because the gravitational pull of the moon causes friction and heat to the core of our planet, making our core still molten.

Venus and Mars don't have molten cores, because they don't have any gravitational pull of their planets to keep the currents and friction going to speak off a magnetic field.

So I'm no way near wrong.
    Yes I did know that as a matter of fact. But what has this to do with people brains being effected by the moon?
    Water is is made up of 70& water the moon will pull of this, even to a point we will not notice it. Water in our bodies is the same as the water all over the earth. Is has no difference in volume.
    Yes it does, but not the stuff you are claiming.
    Oh yeah we must have no moon then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

I'm smart enough to know that all energy in the universe created me, Moulded me, shapes me and allows me to be this now.
    I think it is life that created the universe which would include the creation of energy and space , get a mental image picture of a horse, ok now what is creating that picture ? now what is the difference between a mental picture you create and the physical universe? and i think David Icke has this figured out by now , i've have been listening to him and he seems to have it put together the way it works .

Oh yes it is:D
    Planets magnetic fields die off as it ages. Our planet is hottest when it's first formed. The core would be the hottest naturally and it's here where the magnetic field is stemmed from. The earth and the core is cooling down slowly. As so is our magnetic field. We still have a strong magnetic field because the gravitational pull of the moon causes friction and heat to the core of our planet, making our core still molten.
    That's not how it works at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamo_theory
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geodynamo

Venus and Mars don't have molten cores, because they don't have any gravitational pull of their planets to keep the currents and friction going to speak off a magnetic field.
    Course it could have anything to do with there smaller sizes and different compositions.
    Water is is made up of 70& water the moon will pull of this, even to a point we will not notice it. Water in our bodies is the same as the water all over the earth. Is has no difference in volume.
    Except that the water in the human body isn't a free flowing liquid. Kind of an important difference.

And can you provide any kind of evidence to back up your claims?
    Something a bit more reliable than your authority perhaps?

King Mob wrote: »
    Course it could have anything to do with there smaller sizes and different compositions.
    Venus almost practicaly the same size as earth

Venus is almost the same size as the Earth. This is one reason why Venus is sometimes thought of as Earth's "twin". Venus has a diameter of about 12,100 kilometres (km).

EARTH = 12 756.2 (km)

Mars has a had molten core, since it's smaller and has no graviity pull from other celestial bodies it would cool quicker.
    Except that the water in the human body isn't a free flowing liquid. Kind of an important difference.
    Balony

Water is water. The water in our bodies circulate just as the water on earth does. It's a liquid and it's the same liquid in both case. Good god your notions is really stupid as a sign of important difference. God you gave me a good laugh again King mob. Our bodes are in snych with the cycles. Just like the menstrual cycle is in snych to the moons cycles too.

And can you provide any kind of evidence to back up your claims?
    Something a bit more reliable than your authority perhaps?

Prove them wrong then:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,298 ✭✭✭✭Penn

In fairness mysterious, you are the one making outlandish claims. The burden of proof is on you

In fairness mysterious, you are the one making outlandish claims. The burden of proof is on you

Outlandish, it's our natural satelite, its a pretty big celestial body in the sky last time I looked at it. It would seem to suggest that is has more of an effect than just, the a lovely moon lit sky it brings to us some nights.

He hasn't proved, that gravity would not help to keep our core molten. Since the gravitational pull of our planet would cause enough friction to keep our core molten. Our core is still molten after billions of years. Why

He used size and composition to his argument. Venus is practically the same size as Earth and closer to the sun, why doesn't have a molten core today.

Venus almost practicaly the same size as earth

Venus is almost the same size as the Earth. This is one reason why Venus is sometimes thought of as Earth's "twin". Venus has a diameter of about 12,100 kilometres (km).

EARTH = 12 756.2 (km)
    Oh but let's look a few other numbers.
    Venus's Mean radius 6 051.8 ± 1.0 km or 0.949 9 Earths
    Surface area 4.60×108 km² 0.902 Earths
    A relatively small difference but not exactly negligible.
    But here's the important ones

Volume 9.38×1011 km³ 0.857 Earths
    Mass 4.868 5×1024 kg 0.815 Earths

That's nearly a fifth less than Earth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venus
    Also it's got a different composition to earth and is alot closer to the sun. Both are more likely explainations.
    Mars has a had molten core, since it's smaller and has no graviity pull from other celestial bodies it would cool quicker.
    Except it does have a very weak magnetic field.
    Also it's a lot different to earth in composition and distance.
    Balony

Water is water. The water in our bodies circulate just as the water earth does. Our bodes are in snych with the cycles. Just like the menstrual cycle is in snych to the moons cycles too.
    Hate to break this to you but water doesn't flow around the body in liquid from. Nor does it pool in the brain.
    Nor do all women have their period around a full moon or snych up to any moon cycle.

Can you provide any kind of evidence to support your claims?

Outlandish, it's our natural satelite, its a pretty big celestial body in the sky last time I looked at it. It would seem to suggest that is has more of an effect than just, the a lovely moon lit sky it brings to us some nights.

He hasn't proved, that gravity would not help to keep our core molten. Since the gravitational pull of our planet would cause enough friction to keep our core molten. Our core is still molten after billions of years. Why

He used size and composition to his argument. Venus is practically the same size as Earth and closer to the sun, why doesn't have a molten core today.

I'm not asking you to prove that there is a moon. I'm asking you to prove some of the claims you have made about the moon. Like affecting menstrual cycles. A lunar cycle is 29.53 days. A menstrual cycle for a human is 28 days. A menstrual cycle for a chimpanzee is 35 days. Why are chimpanzees different? Or cats and dogs? We are all under the same moon.

More on the "Lunar Effect":
    The notion behind the lunar effect has fascinated many behavioralists and warranted many experiments and studies. Most experiments, however, have found no correlation between the variables and, thus, refuted the theory.

There are some studies which have results the researchers claimed supported the theory. For example, a study concluded that schizophrenic patients show signs of deterioration, in terms of quality of life and mental well-being, during the time of a full moon. Some researchers have claimed that there were strong positive correlations between physiological changes such as induced seizures in epileptic and non-epileptic people and the full moon period in studies they conducted. One study concluded that a statistically significant correlations for gastrointestinal bleeding among males in particular during this time. However, most of these findings are based on small-scale research.

On the other hand, the majority of scientific research seems to refute the theory of the lunar effect. Psychologist Ivan Kelly of the University of Saskatchewan (with James Rotton and Roger Culver) did a meta-analysis of thirty-seven studies that examined relationships between the moon's four phases and human behavior. The meta-analysis revealed no correlation. They also checked twenty-three studies that had claimed to show correlation, and nearly half of these contained at least one statistical error. Kelly, Ronnie Martins, and Donald Saklofske evaluated twenty-one studies of births related to the phase of the moon and found no correlation. The scientific data "supports the view that there is no causal relationship between lunar phenomena and human behavior".

A study of 4,190 suicides in Sacramento County over a 58-year period showed no correlation to the phase of the moon. A 1992 paper by Martens, Kelly, and Saklofske reviewed twenty studies examining correlations between Moon phase and suicides. Most of the twenty studies found no correlation and the ones that did report positive results were inconsistent with each other.

Psychologist Arnold Lieber of the University of Miami reported a correlation of homicides in Dade County to moon phase, but later analysis of the data — including that by astronomer George Abell — did not support Lieber's conclusions. Kelly, Rotton, and Culver point out that Lieber and Carolyn Sherin used inappropriate and misleading statistical procedures. When more appropriate tests were done, no correlation between homicides and the phase of the moon was found.

Astronomer Daniel Caton analyzed 70,000,000 birth records from the National Center for Health Statistics, and no correlation between births and moon phase was found. Kelly, Rotton, and Culver report that Caton examined 45,000,000 births and found a weak peak around the third quarter phase of the Moon, while the Full Moon and New Moon phases had an average or slightly below average birth rate.

In 1959 Walter and Abraham Menaker reported that a study of over 510,000 births in New York City showed a 1 percent increase in births in the two weeks after full moon. In 1967 Walter Menaker studied another 500,000 births in New York City, and this time he found a 1 percent increase in births in the two-week period centered on the full moon. In 1973 M. Osley, D. Summerville, and L. B. Borst studied another 500,000 births in New York City, and they reported a 1 percent increase in births before the full moon. In 1957 Rippmann analyzed 9,551 births in Danville, PA and found no correlation between the birth rate and the phase of the moon.

A fifteen month study in Jacksonville, Florida also revealed at least no lunar effect on crime and hospital room admittance. In particular:
    • There was no increase in crime on full moons, according to a statistical analysis by the Jacksonville Police Department. Five of the fifteen full moons had a higher than average rate of crime while ten full moons had a lower than average rate. The higher-than-average days were during warmer months.
    • Statistical analysis of visits to Shands Hospital emergency room showed no full moon effect. Emergency room admissions consistently have more to do with the day of the week.

http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Lunar_effect

• Advertisement

I guess since mysterious is banned for a month I'll never get to hear his response to this. Ah well.

Whats this topic about anyway? Who the hell is David Icke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 zincali

vinylmesh wrote: »
    I think he's a total genius and a legend. Everything he says is true.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reptilian_humanoid#David_Icke

I know it sounds crazy, but reptiles from another planet are secretly ruling us. The evidence is all over the place. We need to do something about it now!
    In that case Charles Haughey must have been one judging by the look of him

Advertisement