Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isle of Man legalises Piracy for £1 a Month!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

HJave to say I don't agree that everyone should affectively pay a tax for having a net connection, alot of people have no interest in pirating anything, Many people just want to check e-mail so its unfair to have them paying a "Music/Piracy Tax"

Also who gets this £1 the music industry or the gov?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

True, but they use the example of the fact thatwe all pay tax for ammenities such as public swimming pools, yet very few of us actually use it. It's obviously a lot easier to tax everyone than some people selectivly.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Zascar wrote: »
    True, but they use the example of the fact thatwe all pay tax for ammenities such as public swimming pools, yet very few of us actually use it. It's obviously a lot easier to tax everyone than some people selectivly.

Again those taxes go to ther gov and are used to fund many things, I honestly can't see 100% of this tax going to any goverment

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Well the Isle of Man is (practically) tax free so I'd guess there would be a greater change fo the funds being distributed to the record companies than Ireland for example

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

Cabaal wrote: »
    HJave to say I don't agree that everyone should affectively pay a tax for having a net connection, alot of people have no interest in pirating anything, Many people just want to check e-mail so its unfair to have them paying a "Music/Piracy Tax"

I dont watch RTE im still paying 160+ euros a year for a TV Licence don't I? £1 a month? Stop the whingeing :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement