Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭StreetAngel

BlueBell32 wrote: »
    Good to know I'm not the only one! All this speculation is doing my head in, would just love to know where I stand as in what they will be looking for. Do you think it will be november before the aptitute will start?

I'd say there must be loads of prosepective applicants in our position too! I've no idea at all when aptitudes would start....and am afraid to speculate!!! :p Even if they're not in a position to take a large number of new recruits in the next intake, I'd imagine they'd still go ahead with aptitudes asap, couldn't do them any harm to have a panel ready to go! ...I'd be hoping that it would be before november, but then again, I'm not basing that on anything at all! looks like we're doomed to a bit of uncertainty over the next few months/years!!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭itsallgood

I'd say there must be loads of prosepective applicants in our position too! I've no idea at all when aptitudes would start....and am afraid to speculate!!! :p Even if they're not in a position to take a large number of new recruits in the next intake, I'd imagine they'd still go ahead with aptitudes asap, couldn't do them any harm to have a panel ready to go! ...I'd be hoping that it would be before november, but then again, I'm not basing that on anything at all! looks like we're doomed to a bit of uncertainty over the next few months/years!!! :rolleyes:

There's already a panel in place, and i'd say enough people to fill 2 itakes if they only take in 100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

are all ye guys ready to leave work at short notice or do ye care at this stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭thelongwait

shakin wrote: »
    are all ye guys ready to leave work at short notice or do ye care at this stage!

yes, i'm willing to leave in the morning. i really hope it doesn't come to that as a like my employer and i'd like to give him as much notice as possible but i've been waiting far too long for this to turn it down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Geri Boyle

I'd be gone like a hot snot :D I took this job not caring a lot about it, and I'll leave as such. The sooner the better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭StreetAngel

itsallgood wrote: »
    There's already a panel in place, and i'd say enough people to fill 2 itakes if they only take in 100

I was thinking that if they're taking those on the panel into Templemore next, that they'll be looking to put together another panel to have afterwards, so they might still go ahead with aptitudes soon enough! god only knows at this stage tho!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭kensey

Got a letter today from a well known entry course company with details of upcoming prep courses for aptitude tests. The latest the course runs until is late august so things must be rolling on after that. I guess the more time passes on, the more were going to know. We all just have 2 sit tight..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

whats peoples views on taking the oath and abiding by it??

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭clayton1

Hoffmans wrote: »

its part and parcel. done it already when joining the reserves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

i feel stupid asking, but what is it? oath of allegiance to the state/ official secrets act?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭thelongwait

i feel stupid asking, but what is it? oath of allegiance to the state/ official secrets act?

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭kensey

It's where you swear upon the bible or constitution to faithfully discharge the duties of a member of AGS, not to be a member of any political party and basically uphold the law.
    You will have to sign the official secrets act also. It prohibits you from divulging confidential information.

No such thing as asking a stupid question, it's stupid not to ask the question! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

In my humble opinion.....if someone has a view other than "gimmie the oath NOW and i'll take it"..............personally I dont think they should be in the job.

The oath is a part of the appointment and attestation to the force. Something that marks the "this is it....im here....im in for real". Its a great moment in everyones career.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭CuteStuff

In my humble opinion.....if someone has a view other than "gimmie the oath NOW and i'll take it"..............personally I dont think they should be in the job.

The oath is a part of the appointment and attestation to the force. Something that marks the "this is it....im here....im in for real". Its a great moment in everyones career.

I'll always remember it!!!! The concentration on not messing it up and saluting and stepping forward and back at the on time turning at the right time etc. :D

Right, If we start in August I will wear the speedos. I havent heard anything of August this year but heard an intake will happen. tiredofwaiting, Would you consider this reliable ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

If there is no intake in August, tiredofwaiting must eat tisallgood's speedos!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 tiredofwaiting

Right, If we start in August I will wear the speedos. I havent heard anything of August this year but heard an intake will happen. tiredofwaiting, Would you consider this reliable ?

Oh I definitely would they wouldn't lie to me. They are one of my bestest friends. Maybe I'm gullible but that's what they told me!

eroo wrote: »
    If there is no intake in August, tiredofwaiting must eat tisallgood's speedos!?!

Eroo I have been following itsallgood for awhile now and I'd be happy to eat his speedos and whatever else he wants. ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭rugby

Eroo I have been following itsallgood for awhile now and I'd be happy to eat his speedos and whatever else he wants. ;):D

Oh my god :D:D:D

Durty!!:eek::D

@itsallgood, lock your doors at night!
    :p

• Advertisement

rugby wrote: »
    Oh my god :D:D:D

Didn't think you'd shock easily!;):D

All this waiting make must be getting to some people!!

Durty!!:eek::D

@itsallgood, lock your doors at night!
    :p

He would run a mile in them speedo's :D:D:D:D oh god what a site , not good not good :p

Didn't think you'd shock easily!;):D

All this waiting make must be getting to some people!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Dont be worrying rugby, the speedos are small but the muffin is big, there is plenty to go around......I'll add some self raising flour if we're running out.

I know we dont know each other on here but if you want to find me in Templemore.....I'll be the one in the leopardskin speedos. I know a few lads here will pretend to be me now.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

No blushing!!;)

Or Blue Belle will be in to kick our toned behinds!!:p

She'll wanna have a cast and crutches cause she'll damage her foot off mine :D

Peoples you are all wayyy too quick for me, trying to multitask in work and post here too! It's hard work! But yep this waiting around is driving me stone mad...eroo I could take a slice of you too if you stick your speedos on!

Dont be worrying rugby, the speedos are small but the muffin is big, there is plenty to go around......I'll add some self raising flour if we're running out.

I know we dont know each other on here but if you want to find me in Templemore.....I'll be the one in the leopardskin speedos. I know a few lads here will pretend to be me now.

I love nothing more than a good muffin so you might want to start with the self raising flour, but careful now that it doesn't affect your fitness level for the god aul pct!!:cool:

She'll wanna have a cast and crutches cause she'll damage her foot off mine :D

She wont kick yours cos you'll have no speedos on.. we all no who to blame for that!!:eek::pac:

• Advertisement

Peoples you are all wayyy too quick for me, trying to multitask in work and post here too! It's hard work! But yep this waiting around is driving me stone mad...eroo I could take a slice of you too if you stick your speedos on!

Prefer the aul man thongs myself.. but whatever makes a woman happy!:D

Hey now , what size you think you are well that your own business , no need too share with any of us ladies , :D:D:D:D:D as for trying too find you in Templemore , i reckon ill be trying too avoid you :p:p:p:p

Prefer the aul man thongs myself.. but whatever makes a woman happy!:D

Ohhh very nice, I like you, you like me!!! Borats thong style I'm sure would be hot on you!!

Hey now , what size you think you are well that your own business , no need too share with any of us ladies , :D:D:D:D:D as for trying too find you in Templemore , i reckon ill be trying too avoid you :p:p:p:p

Well he is going on about his muffin top but I suppose atleast he hasn't put his stats up. I'd be so embarrassed as I have to work hard on my ass! You guys won't miss me in templemore. Bluebelle is gonna kill us the little minx!:eek:

Well he is going on about his muffin top but I suppose atleast he hasn't put his stats up. I'd be so embarrassed as I have to work hard on my ass! You guys won't miss me in templemore. Bluebelle is gonna kill us the little minx!:eek:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Ohhh very nice, I like you, you like me!!! Borats thong style I'm sure would be hot on you!!

It's easy to get off too;)

Now to avoid the stimulating sensation of Blue Belle's ban stick across my arsé:pac:

Here is some news...
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/warning-over-senior-police-shortage-500178.html Superintendents calling for senior positions to be filled.

• Advertisement

It's easy to get off too;)

Now to avoid the stimulating sensation of Blue Belle's ban stick across my arsé:pac:

Here is some news...
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/warning-over-senior-police-shortage-500178.html Superintendents calling for senior positions to be filled.

eroo your a wealth of information!! I don't have much time to check everything, you guys are great for this :) Sounds like you might enjoy Blue Belles stimulating ban stick! She's a feisty one!

Don't tell us you have a thing for bluebelle too. Need i remind people this is not a dating site and i will not be objectivied and treated like a piece of suculent prime beef for your enjoyment. I will however allow it for my own enjoyment. ;)

Don't tell us you have a thing for bluebelle too. Need i remind people this is not a dating site and i will not be objectivied and treated like a piece of suculent prime beef for your enjoyment. I will however allow it for my own enjoyment. ;)

Ah I know it's not a dating site. Just a few people having a bit of fun as it's all so serious in here these days. It only turns into a dating site when you post stats. However, we sorted that out the other day so I shall not talk about that. I'm definitely into men only!! Ahem ahem!:rolleyes:

eroo your a wealth of information!! I don't have much time to check everything, you guys are great for this :) Sounds like you might enjoy Blue Belles stimulating ban stick! She's a feisty one!

Well unless you have something more stimulating!;):p

@itsallgood.. what we are supposed to say is ''this is just a way for all of us to let some steam off, and to take our mind off the recruitment situation''. That's our defense sorted!

Well unless you have something more stimulating!;):p

@itsallgood.. what we are supposed to say is ''this is just a way for all of us to let some steam off, and to take our mind off the recruitment situation''. That's our defense sorted!

eroo you will definitely make a good guard! The excuses on the ready! Letting off steam is highly recommended as all doctors will advise, it keeps the stress levels low!! I sure have something more stimulating but I will get in trouble for talking about it here!!

• Advertisement

I also have a much better method of mutual stress relief :D NGA is going to arrive soon and kick me out!

I also have a much better method of mutual stress relief :D NGA is going to arrive soon and kick me out!

and whats your method eroo??:confused:

and whats your method eroo??:confused:

Now now.. your not getting me banned!!

Bit of flirting going on here :D:D and poor its all good not getting involved with his speedo's on ( hee hee ) must be afraid of Eroo :p i think :eek:
    Ye will all get red cards of blue belle later hee hee and a firm back too the topic please ;)

Bit of flirting going on here :D:D and poor its all good not getting involved with his speedo's on ( hee hee ) must be afraid of Eroo :p i think :eek:
    Ye will all get red cards of blue belle later hee hee and a firm back too the topic please ;)

You know your still my no.1 :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭seanin4711

I'm happy to sit back and watch these 2 go at it ;) have the speedos on standby and am ready to dive back in

Tiredofwaiting.. I think they are expecting a lot of the 2 of us.. you think we'll be able to live up to their expectations? ;):P

I'm happy to sit back and watch these 2 go at it ;) have the speedos on standby and am ready to dive back in

Oh we'll go at it alright like rabbits!

A woman after my own heart! lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement