Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fatherhood research

Options
  • 27-02-2009 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

My name is Ellen Brady and I am a Psychology postgraduate student at University College Dublin. As part of my research, I am investigating fathers' experiences of using parenting websites.

To achieve this, I would like to interview a number of male forum users about their use of Internet forums, specifically the parenting sections of Boards.ie, or any other parenting related websites. These interviews will take place by telephone, at the convenience of the interviewee, and confidentiality and anonymity are guaranteed.

If you are interested in taking part, I will send you an information sheet with more details on the study.

If you would like further information, or to take part in the study, please email me at ellen.brady@ucdconnect.ie, or my supervisor, Dr. Suzanne Guerin, at suzanne.guerin@ucd.ie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

I use this website if that counts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 EllenBrady

Any website that includes parenting related discussion counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

If you have a web/email survey, I'd be happy to participate but I'm afraid I'm not prepared to be interviewed over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Email sent. I probably won't mind taking part but I wouldn't mind some indication as to the type of questions first.

I'm only carrying out phone interviews at the moment. The interviews will last about 45 minutes, and will include questions about your experiences of using Internet forums as a father, and about any gender differences on parenting related websites.

• Advertisement

I'm sorry to bump up this thread, but I am still looking for participants if anyone would like to take part in an interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

EllenBrady wrote: »
    I'm sorry to bump up this thread, but I am still looking for participants if anyone would like to take part in an interview.
    I dont know if there are a huge amount of Dads who would use parenting forums. Could be wrong:confused: would be interesting to know

Advertisement