Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VHI Claims

Options
  • 27-02-2009 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

I have Company Plan Plus (same as LifeStage Choices I believe), with my subscription year ending each year in August. I have outpatient receipts for last year for May and June that I have not claimed back yet - is it too late to do it now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭ebowdia

Just called them there and they will accept all receipts back as far as Jan 1st 2007.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

That's good to know .. I've got a few old bills msyelf that i need to get around to claiming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭ebowdia

They are only required by contract to accept claims up to three months after the end of the subscription year, but out of 'courtesy' will accept them back to Jan 1st 2007 - thank God, I was panicking that I had just pissed a few hundred down the toilet for being lazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

Hi All,
    I have a quick question in relation to VHI claims
    I sent in a claim for general medical expenses back on 24/02/09

I only ever send in 1 or 2 claims a year and generally there is never much on them and they are normally received & processed and paid out within 7-10 days maximum!!

But I was following up on the claim last week and was told it takes 19 working days to process from date of receipt?
    Is this right?
    Just wondering if anyone knows otherwise

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

They are normally quicker than that but this would be a busy time of the year for claims so I presume they have had to change their service level agreements to satisfy demand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

ebowdia wrote: »
    Just called them there and they will accept all receipts back as far as Jan 1st 2007.
    I'm surprised - they wouldn't accept mine - see my thread about VHI get out clause moved to this forum. I rang them too and appealed the decision - no change. Seems they pick and choose who they will accommodate :mad:

Advertisement