Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Mobile antenna question

Options
  • 27-02-2009 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭

Does anyone who is using Digiweb Mobile has antenna attached to his card?

Does anyone knows what antenna would be suitable? I know it operates on 870mhz so gsm antenna should be fine.

What connector is used? I can't find any info about this anywhere. I found on Flarion website that it is SSMB but it doesn't.

Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

docentore wrote: »
    Does anyone who is using Digiweb Mobile has antenna attached to his card?

Does anyone knows what antenna would be suitable? I know it operates on 870mhz so gsm antenna should be fine.

What connector is used? I can't find any info about this anywhere. I found on Flarion website that it is SSMB but it doesn't.

Any help would be appreciated

there is an antenna alright but I cant for the life of me remember what type....Watty will know if you PM him or he reads this.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The connector is unfortunately a hard to get type, and not the one on the QFT (Flarion) web site. They changed it.

Ring Digiweb and ask very nicely and they *MIGHT* sell you an adaptor pigtail for FME or SMA if they have any left. They were in short supply.

Yes a old GSM900 aerial does work best. Newer 900/1800 or even triband GSM900/1800 + 3G 2100 don't work as well.

You need a very short cable. So when I had one, I used a Router on the window sill with self-adhesive aerial higher up on window.

Some GSM aerials are intended for outdoor mag-mount or roof. They need to be on at least 20cm x 20cm square of metal to work properly, so go for a window mount type. If you have double glazing with energy reduction it needs to be outside and at least 10cm away from window.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Thanks Watty very much. really appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

I had my card replaced after three weeks of waiting, I'm not really pleased with time their responded to a call.

Anyway, I asked them politely if they have any pigtail cables, guy from support told me that they came with few cards but there were useless so they got rid of them and they don't have any.

If anyone has one of those, please, please can I buy it from you if not in use?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Hey all,
    Quick questiong about the quailty of this service and if there was any way around the PCMCIA Card bus slot as my laptop has PCMCIA Express?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

You could use a PCMCIA to USB converter

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

USB to PCMCIA adaptors don't work with most PCMCIA cards.

There is an expensive "Duel Systems" Express Card slot to PCMCIA/PCcard slot adaptor that does work. Fiddly to set up.

So

Get the WiFi/Ethernet desktop router option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

watty wrote: »
    USB to PCMCIA adaptors don't work with most PCMCIA cards.

There is an expensive "Duel Systems" Express Card slot to PCMCIA/PCcard slot adaptor that does work. Fiddly to set up.

So

Get the WiFi/Ethernet desktop router option.

Thanks Watty,
    Do you mean the multi option for €29.95 here?

How does that work?

Edit
    Found setup instructions for the router so that explianed it. Pretty cool but €30 a month and 129 activation fee seems a bit steep.

Advertisement