Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This Idiot.

• 27-02-2009 1:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭

Iggy Pop - Selling Out 101

Does anybody still have any respect for this chump. Definitely the reason I've thrown something at the TV in rage several times.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I never had any respect for that man,I always thought he was a bit of an oddball being honest :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭TWEEK1979

That's sickening man, seriously!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Tis the rock n'roll equivalent of smoking pole. Well suppose he needs the money for his next fix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I have more of an issue of a man his age with no top on thinking he's still 19...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

seachto7 wrote: »
    I have more of an issue of a man his age with no top on thinking he's still 19...

I dunno, he's in better shape than most guys who are in their prime now, lol.
    But yeah, this is up there with Ray Parker Jr's 11850 ad in the terms of "should never have happened"

Hey brendansmith, if you're reading this thread... THIS is selling out. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

All the power to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

as a big 'pop' fan i have to say i find this all a bit sh1te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Iggy's insurance not available to pop people

Posted Wed 25 Feb 2009 10:47AM GMT by theCMUwebsite.com in a-CMU-blog
    This is without doubt my favourite news story so far this year. It's materialised that Swiftcover, the car insurance company with that slightly scary Iggy Pop fronted TV ad campaign, won't insure musicians, because if they are injured in an accident their loss of future earnings claim might be too high. Which means that Iggy, who tells the viewing audience how much better his life is thanks to the convenience of a Swiftcover insurance policy, wouldn't actually get an insurance policy from the company if he actually used one of their convenient (or 'swift if you like') methods of application.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

this guy has 2 songs that are well known
    he is a stooge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Bill-e wrote: »
    Iggy's insurance not available to pop people

Posted Wed 25 Feb 2009 10:47AM GMT by theCMUwebsite.com in a-CMU-blog
    This is without doubt my favourite news story so far this year. It's materialised that Swiftcover, the car insurance company with that slightly scary Iggy Pop fronted TV ad campaign, won't insure musicians, because if they are injured in an accident their loss of future earnings claim might be too high. Which means that Iggy, who tells the viewing audience how much better his life is thanks to the convenience of a Swiftcover insurance policy, wouldn't actually get an insurance policy from the company if he actually used one of their convenient (or 'swift if you like') methods of application.
    Ha ha, the ironing is delicious!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭kevin_de_big

What demographic are they aiming for with these ads? People are getting desperate, it would seem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭djScarey

After Ossie's long Big Brother and the likes of Kerrang, the establishment is gradually turning rock into it's own image.

Advertisement