Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Property Management

Options
  • 27-02-2009 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Anyone else had any dealings with these "lovely people"?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

The last thread got edited out the hole and locked.

Though I believe that under boards rules, as long as posts are mature reviews of services and not simply defamatory insults, they're allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I don't think 'lovely people' and 'property management' can be put into the same sentence

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

OP, can you describe what the issue is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

Is that the same crowd as the G.A.A on Forster St.?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭paulhannon

Sent those lovely people an email (thursday) looking for info on what i consider to iffy parking rules in forster ct and would you believe it no reply.

i remember calling them too about a clamping issue and the woman that answered was as helpful as a hole in the head!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I'm asuming you're renting.
    How many car spaces are included in your rent? Have you checked your lease?
    Do you have contact details for the landlord? If not, you could get a name and address from the council (I would imagine) if GPM won't provide them.

If you pay your rent to GPM, then they're taking a fee from the landlord to save him/her the hassle of dealing with tennants.
    If they're not doing their job, they're wasting his/her money.
    He/She won't be happy with them if they're forcing you go contact him/her, especially about something like parking and you getting clamped.
    If it's neighbours with more cars than spaces, then it's an issue of defending your territory. One of those yellow raisable space savers in each space would be a small investment from the landlord which would resolve the issue.

And to re-iterate Xiney, don't be posting defamatory and libellous stuff. Ye know better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mollymolly

yes i have. when i was moving i wanted to view a house in the green and they gave us an appointment midweek at 7pm. we were there and waiting from 6.45 and by 7.30 there was no sign. i rang the next day and asked why no one showed up. the receptionist apoligised and re-arranged for same time that day. again we waited and waited but no one showed. i rang the next day and expressed my anger and asked why we were left there and no one even bothered to ring and let us know. it was the owner i was speaking to i found out and he was the one that was meant to show us the house and he told me that something more important came up. i said fair enough but said he could of at least rang si i wasnt waiting and wasting my time. he said he didnt owe me anything and then hung up. great way to run a business.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Have just dealt with them having moved house in Galway and as like the rest of these companies they are hopeless. Very stringent with previous landlord references, bank references etc etc etc which I thought showed a well run business even if we/i was treated like some second class citizen (the good looks perhaps?).... When in fact we have been waiting ten days for phone calls to be returned because THEY DO NOT CARE!

First months rent due tomorrow, I'm away for a week and I will be damned if they get it until they sort out the issues we currently have.

If anything my dealings with these 'companies' over the last ten years has shown me that you can get away with anything.

I'd appreciate it also if anyone has the link to the landlord (?) database thingeee or whatever it is ;).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I'd appreciate it also if anyone has the link to the landlord (?) database thingeee or whatever it is ;).
    It's on PRTB.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Thanks for that Robbo! :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement