Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

catchment area of Holles st Domino scheme?

• 27-02-2009 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

hi,
    just got confirmation of pregnancy yesterday and so have to book into hosp. I would like to go the Domino scheme route-I rang the Rotunda-seems it only covers Cabra...I've not managed to get anybody in Holles st yet-left message- the website says Holles st Domino scheme catchment area is limited to Community areas 1, 2, 3 see map- unfortunately-no map!- so I wonder if anybody on here knows what the catchment area is?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

dublinrose wrote: »
    hi,
    just got confirmation of pregnancy yesterday and so have to book into hosp. I would like to go the Domino scheme route-I rang the Rotunda-seems it only covers Cabra...I've not managed to get anybody in Holles st yet-left message- the website says Holles st Domino scheme catchment area is limited to Community areas 1, 2, 3 see map- unfortunately-no map!- so I wonder if anybody on here knows what the catchment area is?

We did this with our first and it goes as far south as Shankill. How useful is that to you, depends on where you are living ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 dublinrose

thanks RosieJoe, I'm in northside Dublin-I wonder if the catchment area goes northside...I cannot get through to anybody in Holles st...been trying all day-both general switch and some other sections....:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,590 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Holles street covers southside only, from ringsend to bray and as far out as terenure west (the last one I'm open to correction on)

thanks for that info...back to the drawing board....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭SanFran07

Hi DublinRose - it's very frustrating isn't it ! The DOMINO Rotunda scheme is only for Dublin 7 & Dublin 11. All women should have access to Midwife Led Care.

• Advertisement

yes it's ridiculous!-it's just the luck of the draw...the Coombe scheme covers Crumlin,Clondalkin and Tallaght, Holles st looks after the southside and then the Rotunda only Dublin 7 and 9...anybody outside those areas hasn't the option fro mid-wife community care-it's really unfair...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭VeryBerry

duploelabs wrote: »
    Holles street covers southside only, from ringsend to bray and as far out as terenure west (the last one I'm open to correction on)

Just for anyone wondering, the catchment area for the Holles St. Community Midwives/Domino Scheme now actually extends further into Wicklow than Bray. It now covers Greystones, Delgany and Kilcoole too.

Advertisement