Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Home Improvement Exhibition

Options
  • 27-02-2009 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭

Its on in the Clarion Hotel the next weekend.
    Am I the only one that things that 10 euro to get in is a joke?:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

LOL

A cover charge! I bet no one goes. If I was a vendor I wouldn't pay for a booth if my customer base was going to be limited like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I wouldn't have minded paying a few euro to get in, but not a tenner....I'd want a good night out for that.
    Most of the exhibitors (or all of them) I presume will just be shops and business anyway so why such a high charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

You can bet the exhibitors are paying through the nose for it as well. Daft.

I remember you going to this last year or the year before ML, and being under-whelmed then also.

I wanted to go last year or the year before...but I was tight fisted then too.
    The last time I went I won the tickets.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭fmcc

You can bet the exhibitors are paying through the nose for it as well. Daft.

We are one of the exhibitors and are just trying it out this year. You can get in free on the Friday from a ticket from any exhibitor on the Friday from 6-10pm. Heres hoping we get a turnout. We have plenty of the tickets in our showroom if anyone is passing.
    Cosy Stoves & Fires. Duncans Island Finisklin.

• Advertisement

fmcc wrote: »
    We are one of the exhibitors and are just trying it out this year. You can get in free on the Friday from a ticket from any exhibitor on the Friday from 6-10pm. Heres hoping we get a turnout. We have plenty of the tickets in our showroom if anyone is passing.

Thanks a million, you are a star :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

That advert you guys had in the Sligo Post a few weeks back was class!

Oh - and I've a question for ya... my fireplace at home is missing the grill thing that goes at the front of the grate - I'm not sure what they are called or where I can get one... any suggestions?

I picked up my tickets today from cosy stoves...thanks guys:D
    Also mentioned you in my blog:
    http://magnumlady.wordpress.com/2009/02/28/tell-me-why-i-dont-like-shopping/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

That advert you guys had in the Sligo Post a few weeks back was class!

Oh - and I've a question for ya... my fireplace at home is missing the grill thing that goes at the front of the grate - I'm not sure what they are called or where I can get one... any suggestions?

you can get them at connaght gold and homebase

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

you can get them at connaght gold and homebase

I haven't seen them in Homebase. I'll have to wait for Connaught Gold to re-open!

• Advertisement

The grill thing is called the grate - measure yours first as there are different sizes. House of Value do them. Smokeless coal eats them. The upright piece in front is called a fret.

Fair play and hope it brings you some business.

The grill thing is called the grate - measure yours first as there are different sizes. House of Value do them. Smokeless coal eats them. The upright piece in front is called a fret.

You've just passed your fireplace theory test:D

magnumlady wrote: »
    You've just passed your fireplace theory test:D

Lol.

I'm full of useless information me.

Cheers for the comp on the advert but while its got lots of compliments it has not brought in much by sales which is kinda how I measure it. The post stuffed it a bit by having it in the homes section. i wanted it in amongst the valentines adverts for maximum coverage but what you gonna do?
    Tequila gets 10 out of 10 for fireplace info.

Check out todays local papers where you can also get a voucher which allows 2 in for the price of 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

I have 8 free vouchers left for the friday evening if anybody wants them, we will be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

I haven't seen them in Homebase. I'll have to wait for Connaught Gold to re-open!

It has re-opened ....their official opening is Paddys Weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

We went this evening. Glad we had a free ticket! It was good to see you again Magnumlady! fmcc, We saw your stall, was that you there? You were talking to people so we didn't interupt. There seemed to be a lot of people there anyway.

Mrs.T wrote: »
    We went this evening. Glad we had a free ticket! It was good to see you again Magnumlady! fmcc, We saw your stall, was that you there? You were talking to people so we didn't interupt. There seemed to be a lot of people there anyway.

Good to see you too, you are looking great.
    I didn't want to interupt at the cosy stoves stall either.
    It was very busy tonight.

• Advertisement

Hi Folks yeah that was me, had a busy few days but it will be a few weeks to see if it paid for itself but so far so good. The crowds were good to be fair to the organisers. What did you think of the rest of the exhibition?

Hi Folks yeah that was me, had a busy few days but it will be a few weeks to see if it paid for itself but so far so good. The crowds were good to be fair to the organisers. What did you think of the rest of the exhibition?

I hope you did well out of the exhibition.
    I thought it was OK...the stands in the corridor were quite cramped.
    Some of the people on stands were fairly pushy trying to sell things, but I guess that's their job.
    Not much there in the way of gardening except for fountains.
    Thanks again for the tickets....I wouldn't have gone if I had to pay.:D

Advertisement