Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPS Software, Windows Mobile, Irish Maps

• 27-02-2009 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi All,

Can anyone suggest a package that fits the following criteria

1. GPS Software
    2. Runs on Windows Mobile 6.1 (Palm Treo Pro)
    3. Has offline maps (ie installed on to the phone/mem card)
    4. Has good Irish Road Coverage.
    5. has a good UI

I have looked around, but nothing is jumping out at me. I would like destinator 7 but cant find any good reviews, also was looking at the TomTom equivilant, but looking at their website the software for phones does not have Ireland covereage as opposed to the all in one units that do (odd)

Thanks for you help,

R

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭redzer007

dont all speak at once :D

so for anyone who searches this thread in the future, I did find a good one, and it is.........

www.garmin.com/products/garminmobilext/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭pmsurveys

redzer007 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Can anyone suggest a package that fits the following criteria

1. GPS Software
    2. Runs on Windows Mobile 6.1 (Palm Treo Pro)
    3. Has offline maps (ie installed on to the phone/mem card)
    4. Has good Irish Road Coverage.
    5. has a good UI

I have looked around, but nothing is jumping out at me. I would like destinator 7 but cant find any good reviews, also was looking at the TomTom equivilant, but looking at their website the software for phones does not have Ireland covereage as opposed to the all in one units that do (odd)

Thanks for you help,

R

Co-pilot from ALK technologies ..... I use it on windows mobile pda ... excellent if you ask me.

Advertisement