Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Golf seats fit Jetta

Options
  • 27-02-2009 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Will seats from a 3 door Golf GT Sport (Mk v) fit in a Jetta (Mk v). I'm pretty sure the front seats will be fine but what abouth the rears. Did VW make standard seats? Will there be issues with airbags or mounting points. Do Jetta rears fold forward like the golf?
    Reason....
    I wanted to get rid of the bog standard seats and upgrade to something sportier.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭andrewh5

AFAIK they both use the same floor pan but obviously there are variations in body panels. A call to a dealers should confirm it quickly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Front seats are most likely interchangeable.

Rear seats - I doubt it very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

nantony98 wrote: »
    Do Jetta rears fold forward like the golf?

Can't say for sure (I have a 5-door Golf V, but I've not had experience with Jetta V seats)

However, you may also find that the rear seat mounting points are different and the (4-door) Jetta seats won't fit into a 3-door Golf - this is definitely true in Mk1 & Mk2 Golfs, and I also can confirm that Audi 80 rear seats from a saloon are different (don't fit into) an Avant (Estate) version.

You can't make any assumptions about what will fit or not - you'll need to measure up first.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

The seats will fit no bother,but because the rear bench is from a 3 door golf it means it will be slightly narrower maybe only a cm or 2 on each side,hard to notice - both the golf and jetta rear seats fold forward.

The only difficulty you will encounter is the airbag connectors,i know the MK5 GTI airbag connectors differ from the standard MK5 seats,so im not sure if the same applies to the the GT seats,highly unlikely though unless the are recaro which i don't think the are.

If it is the case that the connectors differ though you can just take the connectors of your old seats and swap it over - 10 minute job (ive done it in the past,albeit on a MK4)

Advertisement