Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems signing up with O2

• 27-02-2009 2:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

So i went to but an iphone yesterday switch from vodafone bill pay to o2 bill pay.Gave all the information needed grand job come back in 2 hours.
    Came back in 2 hours problem begins oh i forgot to get you to sign this come back in half an hour.
    Come back told not done yet tomorrow morning all be ready.So i came back this morning not ready another 2 hours :mad: losing the plot at this point. so i come back 2 hours and told yeah everything done gets the iphone out sim card and he gets on the phone and what happens next
    get told NO ANOTHER 2 HOURS.:mad::mad:

What is the problem with these people maybe Daryll of o2 can let me know what is going on. if its not ready when i go back up they can stick there iphone up there arse i stick with vodaphone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Without naming it, was it an O2 shop? Or another shop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭finno

An O2 shop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭jammer84

finno wrote: »
    So i went to but an iphone yesterday switch from vodafone bill pay to o2 bill pay.Gave all the information needed grand job come back in 2 hours.
    Came back in 2 hours problem begins oh i forgot to get you to sign this come back in half an hour.
    Come back told not done yet tomorrow morning all be ready.So i came back this morning not ready another 2 hours :mad: losing the plot at this point. so i come back 2 hours and told yeah everything done gets the iphone out sim card and he gets on the phone and what happens next

What is the problem with these people maybe Daryll of o2 can let me know what is going on. if its not ready when i go back up they can stick there iphone up there arse i stick with vodaphone

That's pretty S*** service. I was tempted a few times to leave vodafone and move over to O2 and grab an iphone. Upgraded then to an Omnia in December like an ejit and what a S*** phone and locked down for another year. Hopefully you get sorted and something nice for all the hassle :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

My gf experienced some of that at an O2 store service recently. Long running issue. She's an o2 bill customer for years and they promised to call her back a number of times but never did. She'd always have to chase them up.

What was their excuse for not calling her back the last time?

They didn't have her number.... :p

Muppets. It's that kind of service that makes you want to stay clear form them.
    quad_red wrote: »
    My gf experienced some of that at an O2 store service recently. Long running issue. She's an o2 bill customer for years and they promised to call her back a number of times but never did. She'd always have to chase them up.

What was their excuse for not calling her back the last time?

They didn't have her number.... :p

• Advertisement

jammer84 wrote: »
    Muppets. It's that kind of service that makes you want to stay clear form them.

I've been with O2 for a long time and I've never had a problem with them. In fact, I've found there general customer service to be top-notch, and their data support to be exceptionally knowledgeable.

(and before somebody does a search and cops that I have an iPhone on Meteor, yes I do too. Long story :))

eye fohne wrote: »
    I've been with O2 for a long time and I've never had a problem with them. In fact, I've found there general customer service to be top-notch, and their data support to be exceptionally knowledgeable.

(and before somebody does a search and cops that I have an iPhone on Meteor, yes I do too. Long story :))

How did you find purchasing the iphone and unblocking it to work with another network? The omnia I have at present I cannot suffer and you cannot use the thing outside if it's anywhere near sunny. The screen brightness is crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

It is this kind of consistently bad service that is to be expected within this country. I’ve noticed over the past few years just how bad customer service and support in general is within Ireland. The mobile phone operators are a prime example of delivering, or should I say not delivering, good customer service, support and easy to understand terms and conditions.

Good customer service should not be an idealistic thought and neither should expecting a company to have policies, procedures and terms and conditions that are actually disclosed to customers and not hidden from them so that they can increase revenue; I’m looking at you Vodafone.

OP, I sincerely hope you lodge a complaint with the manager of the O2 store in question and highlight the fact that you are unhappy with the lack of service you were given by the employees of the store you decided to give your business to.

jammer84 wrote: »
    How did you find purchasing the iphone and unblocking it to work with another network? The omnia I have at present I cannot suffer and you cannot use the thing outside if it's anywhere near sunny. The screen brightness is crap.

Let's keep this thread on topic. I didn't buy my iPhone from O2, I purchased it in the US.

Let's keep this thread on topic. I didn't buy my iPhone from O2, I purchased it in the US.

Yip appologies. Hopefully the OP gets sorted without any further delays.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

I would like to help here but I want to stick to the rules ;). If you want to contact me do and I will see what the story is.

I would like to help here but I want to stick to the rules ;). If you want to contact me do and I will see what the story is.

See finno, they are not all a bunch of cabbages. :D

See finno, they are not all a bunch of cabbages. :D

If only everyone was like this :)

Just got back and no problems this time I got my iPhone:D
    Daryll thanks for the offer of help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

No worries, glad you got sorted. Enjoy the phone!

Glad to hear. Hope you enjoy it:):)
    Just got back and no problems this time I got my iPhone:D
    Daryll thanks for the offer of help

Yeah I love the iPhone glad I got it
    Even if it worked out at 8 hours in total for it:eek:

Cool, glad you like it and it was worth the wait. :) Must get a play with one some day.

I'll prob end up making the move at some stage but it'll have to wait till my contract runs up in December with vodafone.

Yeah I love the iPhone glad I got it
    Even if it worked out at 8 hours in total for it:eek:

Advertisement