Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cervical Cancer Vaccine for only 300 euros.

Options
  • 27-02-2009 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭

I was told something really stunning yesterday.

There is a medical clinic in Dublin city center who think that the Cervical Cancer Vaccine is so important that every woman should have it that they are
    offering the course of the 3 injection at cost.

Meaning they are refusing to make any profit on it and are not adding stipulations about a woman having to be a virgin to receive it.

So the vaccine will then cost 300 euros rather then the 600 which is being charged by other providers.

http://www.chartermedical.ie/cervical-cancer-vaccinations
    Cervical Cancer Vaccinations

Charter Medical Group
    is an approved
    Cervical Cancer Vaccination Centre.

Phone (01) 6579000 to arrange your appointment.

Charter Medical Group Health & Wellness Department is now offering Cervical Cancer Vaccination on a not for profit basis.

Charter considers this vaccine to be one of the most important vaccines developed recently and we believe it should be available to the widest population of young women. With this in mind Charter Medical Group will be providing this critical vaccine on a “not for profit” basis with a full course of Cervarix®, consisting of three injections administered for €300.

Charter’s offer is available to girls over ten years of age. Our Clinical staff will happily answer any queries when booking your appointment. Cervarix® vaccination requires three consecutive injections over a six month period.

Finally people who know how important this is stepping forward.
    A vaccine against cancer which saves lives should be put in the reach
    as much as possible for every woman and for parents .

Please pass this info on to people and let them know about this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 pingpongz

Can men get this done aswel?.. it looks like a sweet deal !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Unfortuantly that vaccine is for women only, ideally there should be one for men but it hasn't been devleoped yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

can women of any age get this?

i mean does it work on women if they're over a certain age?

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

Thanks for that Thaedydal

Have a dughter thats the right age for this.

Much appreciated

Chef

ntlbell wrote: »
    can women of any age get this?

i mean does it work on women if they're over a certain age?

There is no age restriction on this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

That is great news considering the state of the ecomomy right now. Nice to hear some good news for a change.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    There is no age restriction on this.

i understand there's no restriction but is it effective on people over 25?

ntlbell wrote: »
    i understand there's no restriction but is it effective on people over 25?

Yes why wouldn't it be ?

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Yes why wouldn't it be ?

I'm not sure, I thought I read/heard it somewhere that it's only effective between certain ages but I can't find where I read it.

good to hear tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Quiet Lurker

This thread has been moved but i would like to repeat the message that i put online yesterday that the Charter group are using the cheaper vaccine of the 2 (which is regarded as being effective against less viruses) and people must be aware of this. I spoke to my GP who advised Gardasil and he said that he was not aware of any GP who had daughters to vaccinate who were going to administer anything but Gardasil on medical grounds. I appreciate cost is a big issue but it is important that as this course is given a 6 month period that parents should make an informed choice as to whether to go for the cheaper option.
    Also I know someone who enquired from the Chrter clinic and they were told that the clinic was NOT giving the Gardasil option to patients.

• Advertisement

The thread hasn't been moved you posting in a simular thread in the ladies lounge.

Advertisement