Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game sites that accept debit cards?

Options
  • 27-02-2009 3:17pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know any game websites that accept debit cards?I have the blue mastro one from AIB and i've tryed play and amazon but they dont accept them.Any ideas?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Relevant to my interests.
    Also OP, make sure you have one of the newer ones with the 4 numbers on the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

CD WOW sells games and accepts Debit cards. They are a good site with a decent selection and fair price.

Gamesnash also accept debit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Play.com

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

play.com won't accept irish debit cards.

I'll have to try gamesnash.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Is it still the case that debit cards aren't insured against internet fraud when used online?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Gamesnash.com are your best bet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Thanks for replies,had a look at gamesnash.com I thought it was quite expensive.Anymore suggestions please post them in here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Relevant to my interests.
    Also OP, make sure you have one of the newer ones with the 4 numbers on the back.

are they available from aib?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Thanks for replies,had a look at gamesnash.com I thought it was quite expensive.Anymore suggestions please post them in here.
    Take a look at the "Your opinions of gamesnash" thread in this forum. They are well worth the extra few euro.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Is it still the case that debit cards aren't insured against internet fraud when used online?

As far as I know you are correct.

Laser cards transactions do not have as much anti fraud tools / systems in place as Visa / Mastercard. However should your card be used fraudulently your bank will charge back the retailer on your behalf.

That's why you have so much trouble finding a site outside of Ireland where you can use a laser card online.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

OP see can you get a visa electron card from your bank. I think halifax do them. UK sites all accept them. They're treated like a visa card except its a debit instead of credit.

thanks I'll inquire about that.

Advertisement