Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A&K Gears Vs. Li-po

Options
  • 27-02-2009 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

I recently bought the ACM Masada. The internals from what i have heard are A&K. As it stands I'm using a 9.6V 1400mah in the AEG. The rate of fire is really good but there is always room for improvement. :D

Anybody know if the gear box will hold up to the abuse a 11.1V Li-po can throw at it?:p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Bernie Mac wrote: »
    I recently bought the ACM Masada. The internals from what i have heard are A&K. As it stands I'm using a 9.6V 1400mah in the AEG. The rate of fire is really good but there is always room for improvement. :D

Anybody know if the gear box will hold up to the abuse a 11.1V Li-po can throw at it?:p

Only way to find out for sure is to try. We have plenty more in stock for when you destroy that one :)

Ok...joking aside....dont do it without first reshimming. The gears should take it, but you'll probably need a stronger piston too, and we still wouldnt recommend you do it even after you've done that. And you'll also void your warranty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

If your GB is setup right, your gears won't strip.

I'd be more worried about your piston or motor!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

all parts have life span, you can increase this lifespan by doing simple things, checking the gearbox is shimed correctly, setting the AOE, modifying the last 2 or 3 teeth on the piston all can help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Bernie Mac

cheers lads probably just keep to the 9.6 until i can gather the cash to get the gear box set up for a lipo :p

Advertisement