Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Soft clutch Pedal

Options
  • 27-02-2009 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

My 2002 Seat Leon has developed a very soft clutch pedal recently. Its especially bad on cold mornings and barely comes back up when you release it.

I'd like to have a go at fixing this myself if possible. Any suggestions on what might be causing it? Clutch gone? Fluid leaking? Spring? Would love to hear if anyone else has experienced this.

Thanks alot...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Could be something as simple as the clutch return spring. Had one go on a 03 vectra. Symptoms were slower return of pedal and the pedal sitting lower than the others. It was replaced under warranty and took 10 minutes so it mustn't have been a big job......then again it could be the master cylinder....much bigger job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Offhand I think they tended to have master or slave cylinder issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭8vjohn

Would rule out the possibility of low fluid first and maybe bleed the hydraulic system. Did you have any work done on your brakes recently??

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭jonathan11

Just in case anyone has a similar problem..... Car just back from the garage there, the master cylinder was gone. The plunger thingy in it was sticking. €275 for part and labour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭JOHNPT

Sorry for highjacking thread.

I have a 99 golf where front drivers door wont lock with key. I think lock broken. Can i change the lock for the front passanger door and is it big job to change them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

You should really start a separate thread for this......

There is a rod (looks like a small paddle/oar) between the key barrel assembly and the lock. They can be prone to snapping. Maybe that's your problem. Not too expensive to fix.

It's the bit sticking out of item 25 below. It used to be available as a spare part but the illustration indicates that it is now part of 25 - the whole key/barrel assembly.

837000.png

Advertisement