Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moment of Nerdy Madness?

Options
  • 27-02-2009 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭

Well I suppose we're allowed a few in our lifetime. I'm toying (emphasis on 'toying'!) with the idea of getting the Metal Gear Solid Foxhound patch done on my shoulder. Well I know this isn't exactly original, I was just wondering what the community of BodyModders thought of it.

Of course I'd sway the artistic route and see if I can get it done in the vein of Ashley Wood (his site http://ashleybambaland.blogspot.com/)

Anyways if you're not sure what image I'm talking about this is it...
    423630-FOXHOUND_Logo_large.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I can't really comment on this, as I've been tempted to get the S.T.A.R.S. logo a number of times :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Personally I think it isn't the greatest idea. In 10 or 15 years will you be happy with a tattoo on your shoulder of a patch out of a computer game?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I want a katamari tattoo.

:( I really do!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Wont be as nerdy as mine :D

394617891a8919652955l.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭enimakat

^^that sword was my favorite toy! amazing! brought it everywhere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Coming from someone who has space invaders and a mario toad.. I'm all for nerdy tattoos. Go for it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

haha, dude, you seen how many nintendo and final fantasy tats there are out there? and that really is just the beginning.

only reason not to go for it is if you reckon you're not still gonna love the design/ink after it's on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Fernando Torres has his name tattoed on his forearm - in the Elfen language from 'Lord of the Rings'....

Just couldn't see Wayne Rooney doing that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Léan wrote: »
    Coming from someone who has space invaders and a mario toad.. I'm all for nerdy tattoos. Go for it :D

Where are the pics?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Shimei

nerdy tattoos are teh 1337!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

*snif* When I booked this thing, I didn't know if anyone would come. But here you are.....rocking out.....bzzzzzt......party on. (Sorry Waynes World 2 was on last night, couldn't resist)

But seriously thanks a mil. Some great nerd-ink out there! I'm still fiddy fiddy about it. It's a mix up between that and the FFVII comet/buster sword thing. As I said..."snort". :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The FFVII comet logo is something I'm seriously considering. Already have a pixelated Space Invader.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

The FFVII comet logo is something I'm seriously considering. Already have a pixelated Space Invader.

Yeah I've seen that before. If I can remember rightly Captain Ginger has it. And about now would be his queue to post! :D

I've seen binary and ol dot-matrixey characters. Eg toad out of Mario. Don't like Mario enough to get that done!

Advertisement