Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ferroli Combi Boiler operating instructions

• 27-02-2009 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Hoping someone can help provide an overview of how this stuff all works. I have the manuals but they are a little to granualr in the detail. I dont have the model number with me but again im only looking for the overview at this stage.

I come from a fairly standard boiler setup, turn it on and the water and rads are hot, turn it off and they aint!

I do not understand with this new setup what mode it should be in by default. To make matters worse there is some kind of additional digital timer add-on that is not explained anywhere in the manual (pic stolen from ebay and attached for reference)

[IMG]http://[/img]751d1sbl.th.jpg

This timer gives me the option to programme the rads for 4 seperate slots per day for days 1 - 7, it then goes up from 15 thourgh to 18 then inexplicably jumps to day 67 and the water symbol appears?? Is this normal?

Also, i do not understand how the temperature contorl on the boiler interacts with the controls on the rads.

Im in a quandry, any help appreciated.

Cheers
    Col[IMG][/img]751d1sbl.th.jpg

Comments

On the boiler you will have a temperature knob for heating, the impact this has on your heating system will depend on how the system is wired, if there is no room stat on the wall anywhere then the boiler heating knob will control the temperature in the house, if you have a room stat then the room stat controls the temperature of the house and the boiler heating knob will control the time it takes to get up to the temperature set on the room stat(like a throttle).
    The temperature control knob for the hot water will control the temperature of the hot water but also the slower you run the tap the hotter the water will get(like a throttle).
    The clock needs to be set up if you want to use it i have not worked on a ferroli programmer but if you play around with it you should get it, you can put the clock on constant and just use the boiler on/off button or the heating thermostat at it's lowest setting to switch it off, Gary.

Advertisement