Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Pay Broadband

• 27-02-2009 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi ,

I am thinking of buying the 3 pay (pay as u go) broadband stick. I was wondering are these worth it, the guy in the shop told me if i top up as i need to that it will be much dearer than signing up to the bundles see below

Broadband Day 1 day of access (500MB FUP) €5
    Broadband Week 1 week of access (2GB FUP) €10
    Broadband Month 30 days of access (10GB FUP) €25
    Out of Bundle charging Per MB of data 49c

The problem is for example if i purchase the 5 euros 1 day bundle after that day is over the rest of the credit on it goes.

I appreciate any help/thoughts on this.

Regards

Mugie

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭conolan

I have 3mobile bb account. Looked at getting the pre-pay version for my daughter, but decided not worth it.
    The thing I like about 3 is that roaming in the UK for broadband is part of your montly allowance. No extras. Pity they don't have similar in Germany, France, Spain. Only where they have their own network.
    Partner uses it regularly on train to/from Dublin, no problems, watches RTE TV news on her way back home!
    One thing, in very heavy rain the signal dives. Suspect it's the same for other operators too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭godskitchen

You can get 1Gb and it lasts a month, for E9.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Mugie wrote: »
    Hi ,

I am thinking of buying the 3 pay (pay as u go) broadband stick. I was wondering are these worth it, the guy in the shop told me if i top up as i need to that it will be much dearer than signing up to the bundles see below

Broadband Day 1 day of access (500MB FUP) €5
    Broadband Week 1 week of access (2GB FUP) €10
    Broadband Month 30 days of access (10GB FUP) €25
    Out of Bundle charging Per MB of data 49c

The problem is for example if i purchase the 5 euros 1 day bundle after that day is over the rest of the credit on it goes.

I appreciate any help/thoughts on this.

Regards

Mugie
    but if you were to use 500MB without buying a bundle it costs much more! €245

look at it this way - if you want to use it for one day(up to 500MB) the cost is €5 and you are not buying 500MB you are buying one days use. and the same for the weekly and monthly bundles.

also you can buy a mobile internet bundle for €9.99 with a 1GB limit and lasting one month. but you will need to change your handset type in your online account from modem to a phone handset to be able to buy this add-on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Do not change your handset type to phone and buy the ?9.99 add on. If you do this you will find you will not be able to view every site as this is a handset add on and only sites you can view on a handset you will be able to view on your pc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Walkman wrote: »
    Do not change your handset type to phone and buy the ?9.99 add on. If you do this you will find you will not be able to view every site as this is a handset add on and only sites you can view on a handset you will be able to view on your pc.
    really? i have never had any problem using that 1GB add-on using my phone as modem and all sites displayed perfectly, is this a recent developement?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Walkman wrote: »

I'd also like to know if this is a recent development. I've used my phone as a modem dozens of times and never had a problem. I've also never had any issue loading any website on my phone except when the phone physically couldn't handle it, as in the browser crashed or a flash page or something similar. I've never noticed any blocking from 3. What's supposed to happen if you go to an "incompatible" website?

And how do they determine what sites you can view on a handset, given the fact that a lot of modern phones can view most of the internet?

Edit: or are you referring to the fact that if you call 3 they'll tell you it won't work at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

(can't subscribe on mobile version, posting to subscribe)

Advertisement