Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixmania RMA feedback

Options
  • 27-02-2009 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

Well, since Pixmania get slanted a lot I thought I'd share my experience with them as well. I bought a 19" LCD monitor from them, they had the exact model I wanted and it was cheaper than the previous generation on Komplett, which is where I normally buy all my PC stuff.

The monitor arrived promptly, happy days, but soon after I disovered a dead pixel in the centre of the screen. Like a speck of dust that just won't go away. I could live with it, but I had a spare monitor and since I bought a brand new one and Samsung have a zero dead pixel policy I thought I'd chance returing it.

RMA process itself is pretty lame, filling out online forms and getting emails with no return address. I got their RMA pack, stuff I had to print out and sign and post back with the monitor. I didn't feel like paying for shipping to France and didn't feel like giving up my statutory rights either, so I replied back to them asking them to send someone over to collect it, and I filled out the bits of the returns form I deemed necessary and refused to sign it explaining why.

A few days later I got confirmation and a tracking number off them and DHL came the next day to collect the monitor. It took a few weeks to get the replacement, but apart from that I've had no problems with them start-to-finish. I expected the worst and got the best, and it certainly wasn't their fault that the monitor had a dead pixel, that's just a factory defect that wasn't spotted.

So here's one happy customer of Pixmania :)

Advertisement