Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vodafone pings

• 27-02-2009 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

I currently have vodafone mobile bb, im happyish with it, apart from the fact it only works in one room upstairs in the house beside the window but its broadband and i cant get it through the phone line yet. anyways ive speed tested it several times and i generally get between 500kbps to 1450kbps down and 335-400 up but my pings are consistently 290-300ms. is this a little high or am i kidding myself. is there anything i can do to reduce them. now im not mad technical but i know you want a low ping test. what affect does a high ping test have on my bb connection/speed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It's because it is NOT broadband, but a mobile product. 120ms to 300ms pings quite normal and pings regularly go up to 2000ms.

Speeds will drop dramatically to 100kbps to 500kbps if maybe 10 extra heavy users join your mast sector.

Advertisement