Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

designing your own engagement ring????

Options
  • 27-02-2009 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hello all,

I'm new to Boards so excuse me if I do anything wrong here! So I've just got engaged and I'm looking to get my engagement ring designed. I want something a little bit different and maybe by an Irish designer. Does anybody have any suggestions? I live in Dublin and I would preferably like to go to an Irish-owned retailer (given the times we live in!).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

I'd have to recommend Michael Perry in the Powerscourt centre in Dublin, upstairs. He is fantastic, I really couldnt recommend him more.

You might find this thread handy:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055115268&referrerid=59211

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

We used him as well - he was great. Very laid back - so much so, that you might think he will never get around to it, but he will. He designed my wife's wedding ring to match her engagement ring. I think there are a good few designers around the Powerscourt SC who do custom stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Womble25

ESL Jewellery in the Powerscourt Centre is fantastic too. The guy in there is incredibly helpful and knowledgable about design. Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 eliza_may

Hey all,

Thanks for your speedy replies! I haven't heard about that guy in Powerscourt, I must check him out. I followed the other thread about engagemant rings and that gave me a few leads too. Has anybody ever used Designyard at the bottom of Grafton Street? The work they have on their website looks really good I'd just love to hear from someone who's maybe been to them?

Thanks for your help! This engagement ring shopping is more overwhelming than I thought it would be!

El

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Scorpio Girl

stephen bourke from bourke's jewellers in enniscorthy does lovely stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

I would recommend http://www.diamant.ie/
    We used them, very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Ashlynn

Hi Eliza May congratulations :D seen as your new to this site im just wondering do you know about "weddings online" brill site thousands of b2b's on it u will get loads of advice about everything. They were just on about getting jewelery made yesterday or maybe the day before & i think they were on about Grafton St so proberly where your on about if you do a search it should come up more than likely i seen it in "Old Faithfull" hope this is of some help ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

My husband got my ring designed on Byrnes on South Anne Street. They did a really good job and people still comment on my ring, oh and congrats! Oh, and they are an Irish family run firm...we got our wedding rings there too, they could not have been more helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

i suggested barry doyle in the georges st arcade to my friend, who had a very specific idea for his (now wife's!) engagement ring. It turned out amazingly well, and they have recommended him to others. They're also very reasonable.

http://www.barrydoyledesign.com/

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 eliza_may

Thanks everyone. So...I spent Saturday checking out everyones suggestions. I have to say Designyard stood out to me, the work is really different and the staff were lovely and helpful. They really put me at ease and they definitely know what they're talking about. Plus they reckon I can design my own ring pretty much from scratch! My fiancee and I are going to make our decision this week but in the meantime if anyone has any other suggestions please let me know and also if anyone has bought their ring from Designyard I would love to get your opinion! Thanks for all your help. I'll keep you posted!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I'll also recomment Michael Perry, my wife and him designed her wedding ring together to match her engagement ring. As has been said, he's very laid back but he done a great job on the ring.

Advertisement